Author Topic: Your perfect meal  (Read 5874 times)

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Your perfect meal
« on: September 29, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Hi Guys

Sometimes I am at a loss to know what goes well together and end up having a meal that is a bit of a mish mash. We all know that lamb and mint sauce, turkey and cranberry etc  etc go together in English cuisine, what are your opinions in that what are the best must have combinations in BIR/TA meals.

Cheers Ed

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Your perfect meal
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 07:22 PM »
We all know that lamb and mint sauce, turkey and cranberry etc  etc go together in English cuisine, what are your opinions in that what are the best must have combinations in BIR/TA meals.

That is not easy, because what goes well with (say) tandoori chicken will not necessarily go well with lamb dhansak.  But for me, the two accompaniments that go with everything BIR are (a) Chinthe Burmese Lime Pickle. and (b) onion salad with tomato.  And of course popadom.

** Phil.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Chewy's madras sauce and chips, with salt, vinegar, and a decent mango chutney.

Rob  :)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Lamb and potato is a perfect marriage for a curry.  :P

Onion salad with Everything!

Yoghurt mint in a kebab roll is a must.

and when i was a little kid, a prawn korma on top of a flaky stuffed paratha with onion salad.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:21 PM »
For me it has to be poppadums with a selection of diffent accompaniment hitting all the spots, sweet, hot, savoury and refreshing.  My choice would be pureed mango chutney, Mr Naga of course, Gazmans spicey onions and Dips mint sauce.
The main, something hot but not explosive, a North Indian Special fits that bill. A good tasty pilau, keema, mushroom or special and a nice flavoursome savoury side like brinjal bhaji or a  dry garlicy saag bhaji.  Job done, one satisfied diner  :P ;D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:31 PM »
I'm with CH in that poppadoms with a selection of things to dip into can be a meal in itself. Yellow mint sauce, mango chutney and the red onion salad are staples in my house. I also am addicted to Patak's brinjal pickle. Savoury, sweet and spicy all at the same time.

For curries I think Chicken Tikka with everything but I regard lamb as a treat because I usually can't be bothered waiting for it to cook so resort to using chicken most of the time.

I love at bit of bread with all curries be it bhurtas, chapatis, parathas or naan. More recently I bought some little dhal stuffed puris which you deep fry and they are crunchy on the outside but soft in the middle. Great for dunking!

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 09:35 PM »
Curry and Stella and 20 Mayfair King Size

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 09:38 PM »
It's still got to be Popadoms with my favourite chutneys, including Coriander Chutney and a few beers, then tucking into a lovely Garlic Chilli Chicken Masala, with rice and Rotis.... pure heaven :)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 12:00 AM »
Hi Ed
Restaurant style, Grand Bengali Thali
All the main food groups on one platter.

Just think Carbs, Veg, Protein and Sugars.

cheers Chewy

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 07:50 PM »
Hi Chewy

That looks great, can you give the details of what the dishes actually consist of?

Ed

©2024 Curry Recipes