Author Topic: My Curry Book!!!  (Read 16375 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: My Curry Book!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 04:03 PM »
Your contributions hold much more value to members than some others presently unworthy of mention.

I agree, and assume you mean anyone who published a similar book but had the nerve to charge for it. I'd exclude Abdul Mhd's book and the Kushi Balti book, because they're in the business.

Meggeth's book is excellent in my opinion and it's so good of him to both (a) make it freely available and (b) release it without any marketing type wind-ups in advance  - a lesson to us all.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Give over, Phil FFS!

Meggeth has, very sensibly (IMHO) removed the offending "Feel free to copy ..." statement from the PDF.  Whether this will satisfy all of the authors whose work has been included I do not know, but why you (Naga) think I should "Give over, FFS!" when I am quite clearly trying to /help/ Meggeth to avoid complaints from aggrieved authors is completely beyond me.

Perhaps you (and for that matter, Gon

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 04:34 PM »
...I think you need to...

Oh, I'm wide awake alright - awake enough to notice your bodyswerve on Admin's pronouncements which you, yourself, thought was important enough to bring to everyone's attention! Instead, typically, you chose to obfuscate with a rambling lecture.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 04:55 PM »
...I think you need to...

Oh, I'm wide awake alright - awake enough to notice your bodyswerve on Admin's pronouncements which you, yourself, thought was important enough to bring to everyone's attention! Instead, typically, you chose to obfuscate with a rambling lecture.

On the contrary, Naga -- I am sticking to the topic of the thread, and not allowing myself to be derailed by such as yourself.  Whether Meggeth's book contains material originally contributed by some who already sell their recipes as e-books I do not know (I have not yet looked at the book in detail), but if it does, then I would not be surprised if a formal complaint were to be made.  And I still think (if all the material is culled from CR0 / Curry-Recipes), then it ought to carry a note saying it should not be redistributed outside of those fora.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:09 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 05:08 PM »
What utter drivel! It was you who brought up the issue of copyright - no-one else. And now you want to divorce yourself from your own comments by "sticking to the topic". Chewy was right!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 05:11 PM »
What utter drivel! It was you who brought up the issue of copyright - no-one else. And now you want to divorce yourself from your own comments by "sticking to the topic". Chewy was right!

The topic is Meggeth's e-book, about which Loveitspicy raised what I thought were perfectly valid concerns regarding copyright :
I think there may be one who will not be pleased but we will see about his recipes being in there

to which I responded with a positive suggestion as to how these concerns might best be addressed.  I included a back-reference to an early statement by Admin concerning copyright issues and this forum, since it seemed highly pertinent to the topic under discussion.  Since then, I have continued to focus solely on those specific areas.  If you wish to start a new thread addressing the wider issue of copyright in general, please feel free to do so. 

** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:47 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 05:15 PM »
Have it your way. Your inanities are written down here (and elsewhere!) for all to see.

Offline uclown2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 05:33 PM »
And yet another thread derailed by drivel................

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 05:53 PM »
And yet another thread derailed by drivel................

I'm sorry that you perceive it as drivel, UC; to me, it seems to be a debate about perfectly legitimate concerns of copyright.  Just as it was wrong and irresponsible for the social services (etc) to fail to raise their concerns regarding Daniel Pelka, so I believe it would be wrong and irresponsible for members of this forum not to raise their concerns regarding matters of copyright, especially when those concerns affect the copyright of former and current members.

** Phil.

Offline uclown2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 06:52 PM »
@Phil

This forum is significantly blighted by bickering and thread derailment and detracts from the purpose of the forum, namely to learn more about BIR cooking.

I for one do not enjoy the 'atmosphere' here but I sense you revel in it.

I'm grateful for what I have learned here but frankly it's just not a nice place to visit, never mind post.

©2024 Curry Recipes