Author Topic: Chef Sam's Live Interview  (Read 52431 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Chef Sam's Live Interview
« on: October 02, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Enjoyed this. Quite a lot to think about. Very well presented and 100 % on topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLkttfZe9NU

Discuss.

Rob  :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Chef Sam's Live Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 08:48 PM »
Assuming that that is Chris we see in the opening frames, he is considerably younger than I had thought.
** Phil.

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 08:58 PM »
I think those who doubted Chris' ability to deliver on his promises with regards to the quality of his ebook will soon be eating their words....and they know who they are.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 09:14 PM »
I just hope that if it is ever released it will include subtitles for those without whiny voices :)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:21 PM »
Well organised and very worthwhile.  Sam was very at ease and relaxed throughout the whole time, even when the random questions were being fired at him.  It was good to hear him give a few answers that would have made a couple of people raise their eyebrows and start to snarl.  I'm sure they will be come apparent as time goes on.
Hoping there's another session as questions started to come quickly once the initial ice was broken.  As for the critics, i'm sure they will be only too pleased to eat humble pie if they are proved to be wrong.  But only time will tell on that one.  Let's just enjoy all that Sam is prepared to share.  He certainly answered one or two questions that i didn't ask  ::) ::)

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 09:22 PM »
Well Sam mentioned the ebook a number of times, so he's obviously directly involved with it.  Sam is a BIR chef with over 30 years experience and that's good enough for me.  Real curry fans would be very foolish to snub Chriss/ Sams book.  I think it will be the dogs b****cks.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 10:14 PM »
Sam is very good, very natural. Still watched only the first 10 minutes, but it looks as if it is going to be very worthwhile.

** Phil.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 10:50 PM »
It was a great session - I enjoyed it and if there is another which I'm sure there will be now everyone knows the format - there will probably be more questions.
Certainly when the ebook eventually arrives if they do a session then, folk can ask directly on the recipes etc.
Lets not forget its Sam's knowledge we are learning - and from the years of experience of rattling pans he has a nice steady way of putting it over. Also which is more than helpful he is clearly spoken (unlike the chefs i used to work with, i found it so hard sometimes to understand what the heck they were saying).

Overall good effort

best, Rich

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Well at 10:35 in the chef Sam chat we did get a tantalising hint about the contents of the "magic paste" shown at 25:10 in this base gravy vid:

http://youtu.be/A91qv2O5eQw

So it's precooked spices in oil. Maybe similar technique to the kasmiri masala video Chris posted, but with a different blend of spices?

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Very interesting indeed.It was actually me who asked about the gravy/paste.Ok,Sam sort of sidestepped it a little but he did confirm that he has a technique different to other places which will be shown in the book.A very nice chap who's willing to share his experience over the years.

©2024 Curry Recipes