Author Topic: Tonight's Tea - Tandoori Mixed Grill  (Read 10717 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Tonight's Tea - Tandoori Mixed Grill
« on: October 05, 2013, 09:07 PM »
I thought I would do a mixed grill for a change. Sometimes Tandoori King Prawn is included in a mixed grill but I don't like seafood so I left it out. So here we have Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka and Sheek Kebab with salad and yellow mint sauce. Most enjoyable.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight's Tea - Tandoori Mixed Grill
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Thankyou for that David Bailey  ;)  Looks excellent SL. I should really do more tandoori stuff myself as i'm very partial to tandoori chicken and sheek kebabs.  And with mint sauce, mango chutney, spicey onions and some some onion salad, a very pleasant change from curry.  But not too far removed though  ::) ::) ;D  Just cooked up a Zaal phall to exact spec and looking forward to tucking into that a bit later on  :P

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 09:26 PM »
Looks very tasty indeed, Stephen!  So good, I might even have swopped my Velvet Chicken with Pak Choi and Seasonal Vegetables in Oyster Sauce for it. Like the presentation, colours and flavour combinations too. :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 09:30 PM »
cheers CH that was what I was looking for - a bit of a change, and now I have some chicken left over which will be bunged into wraps for lunch during the week. My colleagues at work are now well used to my curry efforts permeating the office!

Last night we went out for tea and had a "chilli burger" which was basically a regular burger topped with some chilli con carne. However the killer was the added relish made with Naga chillies. Far far too hot for me but I think it would have been just right for you.

Enjoy your Phal CH.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 09:32 PM »
Looks very tasty indeed, Stephen!  So good, I might even have swopped my Velvet Chicken with Pak Choi and Seasonal Vegetables in Oyster Sauce for it. Like the presentation, colours and flavour combinations too. :)

cheers Naga - I could quite easily scoff you velvet chicken too but I am totally packed here!

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 09:45 PM »
I thought I would do a mixed grill for a change. Sometimes Tandoori King Prawn is included in a mixed grill but I don't like seafood so I left it out. So here we have Tandoori Chicken, Chicken Tikka and Sheek Kebab with salad and yellow mint sauce. Most enjoyable.

Looks Spectacular Stephen :)

Care to share that with my tonight's Garlic Chilli Chicken Masala and Veggie Jalfrezi? :)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 09:51 PM »

Hi Stephen,

What recipe do you use for the Yellow Mint Sauce please?

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 09:56 PM »
My colleagues at work are now well used to my curry efforts permeating the office!
Mine too  :o  The buggers at my place are forever requesting samosas and onion bhajis  ::)

Last night we went out for tea and had a "chilli burger" which was basically a regular burger topped with some chilli con carne. However the killer was the added relish made with Naga chillies. Far far too hot for me but I think it would have been just right for you.

Enjoy your Phal CH.
Interesting combination.  Would love to sample that relish  :P :P  Must confess the "naga" sauce from the Ali's Viceroy is absolutely the dog's b******s on a donner kebab.  Simply cannot be beaten IMO  ;D
Time to get the phall on I think  ::)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 10:07 PM »
cheers Naga - I could quite easily scoff you velvet chicken too but I am totally packed here!

Ah, Stephen! That's the only problem with cooking and devouring Chinese food - which, even if I say so myself, was absolutely delicious. It's great at the time but an hour later you're seriously looking for a big plate of tandoori grill!  :)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 10:16 PM »

Hi Stephen,

What recipe do you use for the Yellow Mint Sauce please?

It's Dip's recipe Bob - here is the link:

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,5428.0.html

©2024 Curry Recipes