Author Topic: British Indian 2go  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
British Indian 2go
« on: October 08, 2013, 07:54 AM »
Just a few pictures for anybody interested. Apologies for the quality, but they were taken on my iphone. I don't own a camera, so it's the best I could do.

The engine room

My view

The organised area

Charcoal fired tandoor

Recipes still up on the wall. I had to refer to these quite a lot in the early days, but no longer need them now. I left them up, just incase i wanted/needed a night off and a staff memeber could jump in, but nobody wants to.

The only downside to this lifestyle is that you are not allowed to be ill. I've had to drag myself into the shop feeling like cack a few times. Other than that it's all good.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: British Indian 2go
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Thanks for posting the photos and info, Mick. It's more than interesting to get your perspective from the other side of the counter. As far as I can make out, you're the only regular member (apart from, maybe, BB1) who actually works in, never mind owns, a proper commercial kitchen. More power to your elbow! :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:14 AM »
Thanks for posting the photos and info, Mick. It's more than interesting to get your perspective from the other side of the counter. As far as I can make out, you're the only regular member (apart from, maybe, BB1) who actually works in, never mind owns, a proper commercial kitchen. More power to your elbow! :)

I think you'll find that Bob ("976Bar") also works in "a proper commercial kitchen".  Sadly the days are long past when our universities did not think of themselves as commercial enterprises ...

** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 09:47 AM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 12:52 PM »
Hey mate leave the recipes up - when i get over (eventually) they will help me to cook

nice one mate

best, Rich

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 04:29 PM »
You're welcome anytime you like Rich

Offline Jenk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 04:19 AM »
Just wanted to say Hi as I live close-ish to your restaurant and have had take-out from there a number of times.  Great food!

If you fancy taking on a work experiance gal please let me know as I would love to learn how to cook some more dishes :)

Emma

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 08:43 AM »
Well Emma why dont you call in and ask - and if you have some talent cook your own dinner under guidance of course -
hey but work experience starts with peeling and chopping 60 kilos of onions a day and then the rest of the time in the pan wash - washing up - that's how i started then worked onto the pans

best, Rich

Offline Willyeckerslike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 12:33 PM »
Now that I live in the country where prisoners were once deported to.. I did have the pleasure of eating in Micks restaurant and having a a few minutes in his very busy kitchen for a chat.  The food is very very good along with the service, so why not pop in and ask him or his lovely wife?

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 03:19 PM »
Thanks for the interest Emma.

I have sent you a PM. 8)

©2024 Curry Recipes