Author Topic: let down after refurb  (Read 5512 times)

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
let down after refurb
« on: October 19, 2013, 08:32 PM »
Hi all
just a quick moan really went to what was the best and oldest curry house by me it has been refurbed and extended in the last year. But when my order arrived the portions were small and the price was high and the meal itself was not a patch on the old standards does anyone else find that when there local bir tries to modernise there d?cor they try to pay for it with small portions posh plates to make it look expensive and substandard food.

Offline uclown2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: let down after refurb
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 08:34 PM »
Wow; that's a long sentence!

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 08:52 PM »
There is a full stop in there

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 01:08 AM »
Unfortunately, this is not uncommon.  One of my locals did this.  Changed premises, went up market, smaller portions, nowhere near as good and upped the prices.  I did give the owner some feedback and never returned.  Now he's moved back to where he started but doubled the size of the restaurant.  I still haven't been back.  I'm sure i will, and again i'm sure i'll give him further feedback  :D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 10:11 AM »
Wow; that's a long sentence!

You have a point. Here it is, with a few changes, old-school style:

Just a quick moan, really. I went to what was the best and oldest curry house by me. It has been refurbished and extended in the last year. But when my order arrived, the portions were small and the price was high. The meal itself was not a patch on the old standards. Does anyone else find that when their local BIR tries to modernize the decor, they try to pay for it with small portions and posh plates to make it look expensive but you end up with substandard food?

Offline uclown2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 10:23 AM »
Thanks George.

I can actually read to the end now before I switch off.

I did not intend to offend OP but it is frustrating when some peeps (assuming they have the ability) make no attempt to put it into a readable format.

I detest this 'text speak' you see so often on forums.

I apologise for taking this off topic, so I'll refrain from further comment.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 10:26 AM »
Well, Professor George (and uclown2002), in this forum, at least until now, we have allowed each member to express him/herself exactly as he/she chooses, with none seeking to pass judgement on the linguistic style of others.  If I were JamieB, I think I would be somewhat miffed at a moderator seeking to re-cast my English, and I might be somewhat inclined to discuss curry henceforth on a less gramatically critical forum.  I also cannot help but think that Jamieb might prefer it if we focussed on what typically happens after a BIR is refurbished, rather than seeking to pick holes in the manner in which he expressed himself on this occasion.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:48 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 12:05 PM »
seeking to pass judgement on the linguistic style of others. 

IMHO it's nothing to do with style. I agree with uclown2002.

Offline commis

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 01:29 PM »
Hi
New definition of moderation
Regards

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 02:22 PM »
lol @ commis its not moderation its the puctuation police and imho totally unnecessary who cares if there is a comma semi colon or full stop in a post its the actual content of the post that really should matter anyway back on topic my favourite restaurant had exactly the same issues about 3 years ago and i havent been back since and probably never will smaller portions bigger price i used to visit every weekend but no more even their takeaways are the same its a shame that some places take this route and in the long run it probably costs them more money with many regulars now seeking pastures new

for those of you wishing punctuation, here are the missing parts from above ( . , )
feel free to add where applicable when you are reading.
...and please do not "moderate" this post, there is no need to as it does not break any rules. Thanks

©2024 Curry Recipes