Author Topic: let down after refurb  (Read 5510 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: let down after refurb
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 04:19 PM »
lol @ commis its not moderation its the puctuation police and imho totally unnecessary who cares if there is a comma semi colon or full stop in a post its the actual content of the post that really should matter anyway back on topic my favourite restaurant had exactly the same issues about 3 years ago and i havent been back since and probably never will smaller portions bigger price i used to visit every weekend but no more even their takeaways are the same its a shame that some places take this route and in the long run it probably costs them more money with many regulars now seeking pastures new

for those of you wishing punctuation, here are the missing parts from above ( . , )
feel free to add where applicable when you are reading.
...and please do not "moderate" this post, there is no need to as it does not break any rules. Thanks

:o :o .,.,.,.,.:::   ;D

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 04:49 PM »
I think everyone's picking on George for the sake of it. If George had updated OP adding the punctuation where he sees fit, I would probably understand the annoyance to some people, particularly to jamieb as its author. I read the post and didn't notice the lack of punctuation, but, uclown did and I think everyone should understand that we are in a forum, where our main means of communication is by writing. No one needs to up their literacy to the level of Phil's but please, put in an effort to make it pleasing for others to read and interact. I don't think the observations were overly critical.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 05:20 PM »
I think everyone's picking on George for the sake of it. If George had updated OP adding the punctuation where he sees fit, I would probably understand the annoyance to some people, particularly to jamieb as its author. I read the post and didn't notice the lack of punctuation, but, uclown did and I think everyone should understand that we are in a forum, where our main means of communication is by writing. No one needs to up their literacy to the level of Phil's but please, put in an effort to make it pleasing for others to read and interact. I don't think the observations were overly critical.

I'm sorry, Gon

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Right the only point i was or is it were trying to make its all gone style over substance posh plates and small portions

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 05:38 PM »
Right the only point i was or is it were trying to make its all gone style over substance posh plates and small portions

Around here (deepest Kent) that happens to about two out of every five BIRs.  Unfortunately those that are not afflicted by the nouvelle cuisine fad tend to get the poorer chefs (perhaps because the upmarket ones pay more) so you can either spend a fortune for a tiny portion of something edible, or spend a reasonable amount on a decent sized portion of something that is barely edible.  Little wonder that most of us here are determined to make themselves independent of the BIRs.

** Phil.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 06:19 PM »
Methinks Jamie is taking the pish now  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes