Author Topic: Hello from the Solent/Southampton!  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Waterdiddy

• Chef
    • View Profile
Hello from the Solent/Southampton!
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:39 AM »
Hi All!

I'm Pete and have just moved to the Solent/Southampton area on my boat.

I am new to the BIR scene and methods, having done the '80's 'boil-it-to-death' curries and giving up on getting 'the taste', contenting myself to shelling out when I could afford it.

I did manage at one time to live on indian TA for 18 months, which was absolute heaven!

My favourite is Dhansak - which just ignites every tastebud I have and gives them a right kickin!

I am hoping to learn a load here and will try and contribute as and when I can, but am a real novice to the scene, as I said.

Other than that, thanks for this forum, it's a great facility and help and very welcome to us newbs.

If anyone is in the Southampton area I am up for recommendations on TA's, shops, equipment suppliers, etc as well as a meetup for a curry! If you want to come to my place, it's by appointment with the tides and weather though - be warned, LOL ;D

Bests,

Pete

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the Solent/Southampton!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:45 AM »
welcome to the forum Pete - you'll find the taste here!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 10:12 AM »
Welcome Pete.  You'll find a few Dhansak recipes on here to titilate your tastebuds and a whole lot more besides  ;D.  Keep us posted on your exploits.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 04:03 PM »
Welcome on board,

Agreed Dhansak rocks, I frequently order chicken tikka Dhansak and ask them to spice it up.
If you get a great curry house they get the smokey flavour in the lentils...lovely.

Stew

©2024 Curry Recipes