Author Topic: Thank you all for your input to this site my curries have become BIR for sure.  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Currynoob

• Chef
    • View Profile
Ok so tonight's meal  was the best yet. the base i used was a bit of a mash up from here using chewwy tikkas base ingredents with extra carrot that a took from darthphalls base with the additional gramma massala. adding some of CA's tandoori and masala mix. turned out to be a very sweet tasting hint of curry style broth that on its own is good enough to eat.

cooked

Blended

Sived
Then following CA madras recipe removing the chilli from it I made one large mild madras that I then split into two adding chilli to one and Uncle Bucks Pathia mix to the other (with the help of DalPuri in the trainee section)

both of witch turned out fantastical the pathia especially, better than my local BIR.
unfortunately my spicial fryed rice (following Curryhells recipe) was not so good i burnt it a little and used a bit to much gee. but still it was more than edable and my poor skills should not deter anyone away from his rice besides the extra Gee and hint of charcoal the rice was extremely tasty.

In addition u followed CA's Sheek kebabs and once again a fantastic recipe and easy to follow instructions.

Kebab mixed

Cooked

The meal

the brother inlaws plate

This meal was all about trying out the new base and spice mixes while giving pathia my second attempt,(the first was a massive fail ended up unedible).

And most of all to my Good friend Hairybiker a massive thank you for introducing me to this site the amount of knolage and weth of reading material has turned me from a curry failure into someone that can make a mean curry . and I owe it all too you Guys and Gal's.

Now what to cook next?? any suggestions 

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Good post currynoob. Your efforts are now obviously producing results which you're happy with.  The journey has now begun  ;D  I'd suggest trying Chewy's recipes as they have the advantage of the video as a tutorial so you can see what you're trying to achieve.  As your techniques develops and you grow in confidence then branch out in to other bases and other forum members recipes.
Of course , i'd suggest you try my Elaichi North Indian Special, but then  again, i'm biased   ;)
A couple of observations, your gravy looks as though it could be thinned out quite a bit more as the picture suggests it is still quite thick.  Thinning it will result in longer reduction time when cooking the dish and getting more flavour into it.
Which rice recipe did you use for the pilau?  My special fried rice recipe on the site doesn' t use ghee  ??? But again from the pic, a little too much was used, but it obviously was still very edible with the other delights  :)

Offline Currynoob

• Chef
    • View Profile
I replaced the Oil with Gee is a like the flavor and texture more than oil i only use use the recipes as a guide and try and put my own little stamp on it. have have made many curries since joining up last year and thought this base was a little thinker than usual i assumed it was because I went off chewwys recipe and added additional items. next time I will leave it a bit longer  and hopefully improve once more thanks you for the tip once i have finished this base i plan to try something new i have book marked Elanchi North Indian Special as a when im a bit more adept to try.

there are a few other i am interested in both your work and darthphals are on my to do list along with 976bar's Garlic chili tikka bit not being a massive fan of lamb i will have to make it with chicken.

P.s next time i will follow your rice to the letter as even with my faults it was still very good rice and rice has always been a problem for me.

©2024 Curry Recipes