Author Topic: Garlic chilli chicken achari vs Lamb shatkora bhuna  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Garlic chilli chicken achari vs Lamb shatkora bhuna
« on: November 14, 2013, 09:28 AM »
Garlic chilli chicken achari

Latest achari effort and my best to date. Made using Jalpur achar masala, as suggested by DalPuri (thanks Frank) and finished with a pinch of Shan achar pickle seasoning.  Ahmed mango.  Sweetened with sugar, instead of mango chutney this time:

Ready for a warm-up in the oven:

Boiled rice ready for warm-up in the micro:

Gorgeous achari aromas, mixed with the smell of hot cardboard.  100 % BIR in my book.  :D

A very fine curry and rice. Later garnished with finely chopped fresh green chilli:

Lamb shatkora bhuna

I didn't make this one.  Made by my friend, Chef Moike, in my kitchen.  This is a trad Bengali on-the-bone version.  Warmed-up left-overs with my rice: 

Moike spent an afternoon cooking with myself and Goncalo.  Several BIR dishes were made and Goncalo has some nice video footage.  We'll piece it all together as a youtube and post it, hopefully in the next week or two.

Rob  :)

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Garlic chilli chicken achari vs Lamb shatkora bhuna
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:02 AM »
Latest achari effort and my best to date. Made using Jalpur achar masala, as suggested by DalPuri (thanks Frank)

Told you it was a good one.  ;)
When i was searching for the Jalpur GM, i must've tried nearly 20 shops before i found it. The two masalas that they all had(and in most cases, only) was tea masala and achar masala, so it must be popular.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Not sure how this post slipped the net but both dishes look great.   But that achari has BIR stamped all over it.  Maybe the cooked cardboard is the secret ingredient we've all been looking for  ::)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 06:17 PM »
Lovely looking grub - as always! :)

...Maybe the cooked cardboard is the secret ingredient we've all been looking for  ::)

Haha! Many a true word spoken in jest, CH - maybe you've found the secret right enough! :)

©2024 Curry Recipes