Author Topic: Mango Chicken  (Read 39845 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Mango Chicken
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2020, 10:49 PM »
Give it a try Santa.  It's like a tropical holiday in your mouth.  I look forward to your review. It will be fun reading.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2020, 12:37 PM »
Give it a try Santa.  It's like a tropical holiday in your mouth.  I look forward to your review. It will be fun reading.

See second post down on page 5 of this thread. Given a choice between trying another version of this or a couple of hours of the Spanish Inquisition, I'd take the latter.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2020, 01:25 PM »
I thought I had already cracked it but after last night's dish cook with Syed's Base Gravy and mixed powder my daughter has told me "This is it. This is the best one yet."

Which base recipe did you use for this, please? You've considered several and I wondered which came through for your latest success.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2020, 12:06 AM »
George, I used Syed's. Half quantity.  I used his base gravy for all of my dishes the other day.  Half quantity with 600 g onions and exactly half of his listed ingredients for everything else.  It was sufficient to make about 10 individual serve curries.

I used his gravy and spice mixed powder, almond meal, single cream and Mango pulp. You can add a little sugar if you like. I pretty much follow ChewyTikka's Malai Makhoni video with Mango pulp added at the end.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 12:34 AM by livo »

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2020, 10:38 AM »
livo - sorry but I used the wrong word when I said 'base'. I meant to ask which fundamental recipe you used for mango chicken before enhancing it with elements such as Sayed's base gravy. Are you saying your mango chicken is based on a Chewy Tikka video?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2020, 11:15 AM »
You may be interested in this recipe for Murgh Makhani, George.
** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2020, 12:58 PM »
Yes George. It has been the basis of all recent improvements.
It's in this thread.  The link to CT's Malai Makhoni is in reply #26. It was the turning point and since then all minor variations have still been based on that video and his previous advice further up the thread.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 09:14 PM by livo »

©2024 Curry Recipes