Author Topic: newbee help please  (Read 1359 times)

Offline ottis

• Chef
    • View Profile
newbee help please
« on: November 27, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Hi guys sorry i haven't been on for a while too busy studding the recipes on here..Made my first curry a few months ago it was better than anything i've made before but was disappointed because i was hoping it would taste like my T/W ..Can get a bit confusing at the beginning..first up is picking a base sauce..i've seen so many variations here and on youtube.. everyone seems to have their own way of making it ,maybe i picked the wrong one i'm not sure..MIX POWDER.Think i seen about 200 lol anyway....The one i used was the called the melting base and used the first mix powder i came across .BTW I also read in a lot of forums and youtube they could also still not create a BIR curry, a decent curry but not the real deal..so at least i'm not alone....i'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction
ps..what surprised me most with all the lovely ingredients i used in the base it tasted horrible..surely this can't be right.. It was not what i was expecting..I made to a runny soup consistency i'm hoping that was right..i made a made a chicken curry bhoona and madras and started of in the usual way..the smells from the pan were wonderful ..and started to smell like my T/W..I think the watered yellow base may have killed it but in saying that i maybe added too much water..I maybe wrong but just my guess...can anyone help ..thanks guys..Ottis.....AND THE BEAT GOES ON

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: newbee help please
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 10:39 PM »
Ottis, see my proposed approach in another thread.
** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes