Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1312 times)

Offline GINO

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Hello all!
« on: November 29, 2013, 02:30 PM »
Hello all,

Firstly I have to say, some of the curries and food on this website look absolutely fantastic, I'm really looking forward to making my own tomorrow!

Having historically bought a takeaway for the family more or less every Saturday night not only is it getting a very expensive habit but very annoying when bits and pieces are missing.
I've always said to my wife we really need to have a go at making our own.
What's surprising is that even after looking through the website for a short period of time I can see where I've been going wrong in the past, now I know why the guy in the takeaway has a large pot of sauce on the go that he seems to use in most things...

Personally I like more spicy curries, tomato based whereas my wife prefers sweeter milder curries, the beauty of making your own is that even if it's not brilliant you learn from your mistakes & no doubt advice from others.

I love to cook in general & would love to cook even more if I can make a good curry.

looking forward to getting stuck in!

Offline bob3915

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:49 PM »
welcome to the site Gino, I've also recently joined after getting the cooking curry bug, there is loads of helpful information on here and loads of members willing to help out, I personally started to try to copy CA's base and recipes with some good results, I think it will be a long enjoyable journey making these curries, I'm sure you will also have success, all the best, bob.

Offline Waterdiddy

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 11:52 PM »
Indeed, welcome!

I too have just joined recently and am learning a fantastic amount - all very useful info and my curry cooking is improving no end, yours will too, have no fear!

Enjoy the time you spend here, mucker!!

Bests,

Pete

©2024 Curry Recipes