Author Topic: Starting my curry education...  (Read 1618 times)

Offline u4333439

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Starting my curry education...
« on: December 03, 2013, 02:43 AM »
Hi all,

I just wanted to say hello now that I have joined your forum from Australia. Looks like you have a heap of treasures here and just what I have been looking for.

My Internet searching this afternoon had so-far pointed me to the curry secret and undercover curry. I was poised to purchase until I read some comments on one of your posts that suggested I avail myself of the resources already provided here first. After being disappointed by many authentic but unsatisfying recipes I am here to find the path.

Cya all around.

Offline Waterdiddy

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Starting my curry education...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:57 PM »
Hi m8 and welcome!!

Here's deffo one place to learn the way of the curry.

As to books, I do recommend CBM (Curry Barking Mad) 'British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Cooking' volumes 1 and 2
as ebooks, they are a fantastic resource.

I have Julian Voigts book, but havent really used it for recipes, more theory and methodology.

Micks (CBM) recipes are really tasty, though.

Anyway, you've arrived, so have a good look around, check the recipes and so on, get the books you think you want and get cooking, m8!

Bests,

Pete
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:49 PM by Waterdiddy »

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:13 PM »
welcome to the forum, yes there's plenty knowledge here and all free!

Offline u4333439

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:46 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I have successfully cooked my first forum curry. Mark J base with Ghanna's Korma as recommended by George (thank you all). I am plenty pleased with the results and have my mouth half full with left-overs as we speak. I tried to stick to the recipe where possible. Only slight variation was to reduce the amount of oil. The measurements were a little vague and I ended up using about 0.5L oil already. My spices were mostly all out-of-date which may have detracted a little but as I said, I am very pleased with the results.

I now have 4 * 600g containers of base sauce looking for a good home. This is truly a concern for me. ;) Can anyone recommend a favourite accompaniment for them? I'm happy with any variation - spicy or or not. Chicken/beef/lamb. Are there any suggestions?

I am working my way through various threads on the forum but this site is just so...expansive. I haven't found an easy way to identify popular recipes from the not so popular.

©2024 Curry Recipes