Author Topic: Premier super-g mixer/ blender, as seen on Rick Stein's India.  (Read 35778 times)

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Has anyone bought/ tried or seen this product, that was much used on the above series? It looks good but I'm wary of blenders in general as they never seem powerful enough to do the job unless silly money's involved. Fed up making pastes with a stick blender :'(

Any thoughts or alternative suggestions welcome.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Premier-Kitchen-Machine-Super-Super-g/dp/B0030HSLC4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=23YABL2RH087L&coliid=I1PKO1GV9SPVFC

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Premier super-g mixer/ blender, as seen on Rick Stein's India.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 04:17 PM »
Haven't used one, but one item in the specification worries me as a possible misprint :  "

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 04:56 PM »
Cheers Phil.

I'm not just looking for something to liquidise bases, but also to deal with onions, shallots etc. I cook a lot of different stuff. I want to be able to do traditional Indian stuff, Thai curry pastes etc. I've spent the afternoon cooking Satay for the missus' entire family and I'd appreciate something that would speed up this paste and sauce making process. I'm using a stick-blender for everything at the moment.

Offline adamski

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 05:58 PM »
"In Rick Stein's new book INDIA, In search of the perfect curry.
Finds a Powerful Spice Mixer Grinder,
Rick meets a family who make him a delicious fish curry. To prepare
the chili paste for the dish the cook uses a wet and dry grinding
machine which Rick explains is far more powerful than any you can get
in the UK. Rick then indicates it might be a good idea to import them
to UK.

Don't Panic, The powerful Premier Super-g, 2 Jar Blender Mixer
Grinder, Runs on Europe's 220-240 Volts."

From amazon

"I am in love with this grinder! Poppy seed paste or grinding lentil has never beem more easy and convenient"

"Grinds everything perfectly and in seconds. Highly recommend it. Costly, but worth every penny. Cleans easily. Very please with purchase."

"If you are a fan of Indian food and spices, then this machine is the Rolls Royce. You can grind whole nutmegs/cinammon to a powder very quickly. You can add garlic/ginger onions, and reduce to a pulp in 40seconds. Its not plasticky, the stainless steel is heavy weight, and I really like the top design. If this was a John Lewis model it would be ?400. Its got 550 watts of power, look at other expensive spice grinders, and they are 150 watts--and it shows because this machine beats them hands down. Buy it now!"

Cant say any stick blender can do that, and I've owned a bamix (top of the range swiss stick blender)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 06:50 PM »
Any thoughts or alternative suggestions welcome.

In my opinion, the liquidiser/blender attachment on Phil's Kenwood Major would beat the Premier gadget on performance and power, as well as outlast it by decades in terms of longevity.

For 'chopping' onions from anything from coarse to a pulp, I used a Magimix type food processor. The Premier gadget won't match a food processor for that kind of task.

For grinding dry spices, you could buy a relatively cheap and simple coffee grinder to achieve results as least as good.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 03:40 PM »
Saw one of these Indian Mixies in the flesh at a friends house, (bought in Bradford) similar to the one Fried wanted, Rick Stein India etc

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 04:22 PM »
with a 1hp motor [...] its just got to be a winner

One horsepower sounds a lot, but when you realise that 1hp is 746 watts, and that a Lidl

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 05:11 PM »
I looked into all these mixies a while back and after some research decided that they just didnt have enough power for all the uses i wanted out of them.

What i finally settled on was a powerful bar blender, (not got one yet) and this one in particular.
(My current blender is on its last legs)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BERG-2200W-3HP-COMMERCIAL-FOOD-BLENDER-SMOOTHIE-MAKER-ICE-CRUSHER-GRIND-RRP-449-/181255404706?ViewItem=&item=181255404706&nma=true&si=fgjXRzjrB2Lm%252B%252Bv8O1OzAjgHnmo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 05:17 PM »
How about this one ?

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Jeez, Fascinating, So this motor is 146kw more powerful than my trusty Lidl stick blender, Nice to know.

Fried, the OP was looking for an alternative to using his stick blender.

Maybe you should RTFP before adding your usual drivel.

©2024 Curry Recipes