Author Topic: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe  (Read 253886 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2014, 10:34 PM »

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Yes CH
You beat me to it  >:( But I must say your a natural  I think you enjoyed that quote as much has me  ;D
I do love a bit of toilet humour  ::)
If I could slap my naans in my tandoor with a whoopee cushion I would    Just think every time I press a naan on It would let out a great big raspberry   Fantastic   I'm laughing as I type  ;D ;D
And yes very Childish

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2014, 04:04 PM »
Well dough balls ready for tonight. 3 out and I've put the other 7 in the freezer hoping that they'll be fine once defrosted. Going to have them with a Chewy style Chicken Balti and some plain Basmati. Photo to follow which will be hopefully good enough to join the 'Nan Gang'  :P

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2014, 04:55 PM »
Can't wait, Gav.

By trying, you're already enrolled in the Naan Gang :)

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:50 PM by Garp »

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2014, 09:36 PM »
Can't wait, Gav.

By trying, you're already enrolled in the Naan Gang :)

Check out the new avatar Garp.  ;D

Did 3 and froze the rest of the dough balls and both myself and the missus agreed that they were probably as good, if not better than 90% of the nans we have ever had. Well worth the effort and I can't see myself buying nans for home again. The missus just spread a bit butter on them when cooked hence the un-melted bit.

A big thank you to Chris for the excellent video tutorial. These have probably now cemented your name in diy BIR history along with Blades Tikka and Chewy's Madras etc etc.

I had them tonight with a Chewy style Chicken Balti made using Mangal Balti Masala with plain Basmati done in one of my trusty rice cookers(over 20 years old and still going strong) and a couple of microwaved popadoms.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2014, 09:50 PM »
Loving it, Gav.

Naan looks superb, and the avatar - nice touch. Maybe has to be adopted as the official Naan Gang logo.

That does look brilliant though - and as you say, should go into the BIR Hall of Fame.

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2014, 09:55 PM »
I had to laugh though (curse was more like it) when my first 2 missed the centre of my tawa and had an inch hanging over the side. Just folded the bit back in and gave it a bit longer over the flame. Still came out great. I also, for those wanting to try them but worried about not having a big Kenwood, mixed everything by hand.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2014, 10:04 PM »
I had to laugh though (curse was more like it) when my first 2 missed the centre of my tawa and had an inch hanging over the side.

LMAO Gav - it's not easy getting it on there. But I think that might be the best yet - respect :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2014, 02:03 AM »
I had to laugh though (curse was more like it) when my first 2 missed the centre of my tawa and had an inch hanging over the side. Just folded the bit back in and gave it a bit longer over the flame. Still came out great. I also, for those wanting to try them but worried about not having a big Kenwood, mixed everything by hand.
Know the feeling.  Welcome to the "GANG".  I think we all know about not getting the naan in the middle of the tawa  ???  And i think we all mixed our dough by hand  :D
Brilliant result Gav.  And i agree, these naans will no doubt earn their place among the classics that make up BIR.
So glad your results are consistent with the others.
The naan has now been cracked. And h4ppychris can now enter the hall of home BIR fame.
Long live the h4ppychris naan  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2014, 07:04 AM »
Well done Gav
Your No Knead Naan  certificate is on its way  ;D
Nothing wrong with a bit of foldage on the edge of the naan  ;D
Long live the HappyNaan

Do you think he peeps in to see this thread

©2024 Curry Recipes