Author Topic: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe  (Read 253654 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe
« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2014, 12:15 PM »
Frozen dough out of the freezer yesterday and then balled up this morning. It is a bit darker in colour bet hey-ho.

Balled up and ready for action later :)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2014, 12:40 PM »
I took my remaining dough balls out the freezer and used them at work yesterday night as Garlic and coriander naans. I noticed they were darker and as CH said a bit stickier but they came out spot on although I could notice the sweetness more this time for some reason. I may cut back on the sugar a bit for next time. Everyone thought they were as good if not better than restaurant ones and  after i got one of the lads to make a couple, he's off to get a tawa. Anyway, here's the photo.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2014, 12:52 PM »
It looks to me as if naans are well and truly cracked.  That just leaves curries and tandoori/tikka !
** Phil.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2014, 01:03 PM »
Yeah that's quite a big area still requiring cracking, Phil.

Though I'm pretty content with my tikka chicken :)

Those look cracking Gav - very nice. Sweetness seems to be a slight issue with some though. Will be interesting to hear results of any tinkering :)

Offline Wickerman

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2014, 04:50 PM »
It looks to me as if naans are well and truly cracked.  That just leaves curries and tandoori/tikka !
** Phil.
If there was one aspect of Bir cooking that couldn't  be obtained at home, I'd have easily said 'nann bread'; however we been proven wrong.These are a 100% clone of bir nann.And the truth is, I was quite gobsmacked to say the least.
As Phil  says, that just now leaves the curries.

Is there any news on Chris' ebook?
Surely if an ebook was to come out, this recipe would've been kept back and given pride of place.
I really hope this isn't the case, as I've now all but given up on base curry.I really was pinning my hopes on the e-book.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2014, 11:02 PM »
Cracking looking naans GI!

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2014, 07:52 AM »
im making these at the weekend, can you guys give me any tips please? I love garlic nan, when I see them making them in the indian restaurant all they do once cooked is brush them with garlic watery paste solution? how do you guys make your nans lovely and garlicky?

cheers in advance

Garry

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2014, 08:21 AM »
Mine were just done by brushing with garlic butter and sprinkled with fresh coriander but you can also roll it out a bit and  spread some chopped garlic on then fold the dough back in and make it back into a ball to spread the garlic through the dough. I'm keen to try a keema nan once I get some keema mince.  :P :P

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2014, 09:59 AM »
** Phil.
If there was one aspect of Bir cooking that couldn't  be obtained at home, I'd have easily said 'nann bread'; however we been proven wrong.These are a 100% clone of bir nann.And the truth is, I was quite gobsmacked to say the least.
As Phil  says, that just now leaves the curries. Is there any news on Chris' ebook?

I think there's quite a strong case for eating humble pie to exonerate Chris so he can start posting again here if he wants to. Even if he's not prepared to forgive us. What does everyone think?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2014, 10:05 AM »
If Chris would care to post a recipe for said Humble Pie, I'd be h4ppy to take a slice :)

©2024 Curry Recipes