Author Topic: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe  (Read 255370 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Glad to see the naan gang is still going from strength to strength and increasing in numbers.  Those naans are just getting better and better  :P :P  and totally BIR.  I'm still waiting to see the first keema one though  :D

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 10, 2014, 02:10 PM »
Not to put down Chris's take on this but it's hardly a new idea. I have a naan recipe from a book by a chap called Thomas Neill from 1997 that is virtually identical in all respects.

The recipe from CBM's ebook vol 2 is almost the same, likewise the pacman Pete recipe which has been on this very forum for many years.  BUT I don't see this as a weakness in Chris's recipe at all, quite the opposite, it makes it all the more likely that this is indeed BIR authentic, otherwise why would much the same recipe show up so often from different sources?

What you can give Chris for sure is the recognition that his detailed explanation of technique has helped many folks improve their results. Nothing if not thorough, our Chris!

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 10, 2014, 03:15 PM »
What you can give Chris for sure is the recognition that his detailed explanation of technique has helped many folks improve their results. Nothing if not thorough, our Chris!

I find that one of the negative points of his videos. He witters on so much it's like watching paint dry. I imagine it's great for people who are very new to the whole BIR thing though.

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 10, 2014, 04:54 PM »
I find that one of the negative points of his videos. He witters on so much it's like watching paint dry. I imagine it's great for people who are very new to the whole BIR thing though.

You can always press mute if you know it all already  ;)

Offline Unclebuck

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 10, 2014, 07:37 PM »
How does one get in touch with Chris these days?

Tried sending him a personal message, but he does not receive messages from here anymore?.....

Happy-chris now posts on another very naughty forum [he has his own little section indeed] it has been said that the members have very big noses..
The name of said forum must not be conversed or whispered as the curse of eternal ring sting would be bound upon you.

Kind Regards UB.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 10, 2014, 09:01 PM »
Happy-chris now posts on another very naughty forum [he has his own little section indeed] it has been said that the members have very big noses..
The lengths some people will go to to curry favour  ::) , even forum administrators; trying to grow their forum  ;D ;D ;D
I'll continue to lurk and smile when i see topics already posted here, started by the man himself no less, resurrected over there.  Nothing new at all, just what is available here.  Sad though when others feel the need to post topics and tips directly taken from here - i suppose it takes all sorts.  I'll chip in occasionally, just to keep my nose clean and in case anything breaks but i'm not holding my breath  ::)

You can always press mute if you know it all already  ;)

Excellent point Geezah.  After all, we're not experts just yet, like some  ;)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 13, 2014, 01:53 PM »
Keema Naan - I've never had one, but I do like keema. so imagine it would be good.

I'm assuming that, to make one, you make the keema, put a dollop of it into the dough, form into a ball and try to roll out out without the mince escaping. I'm going to make some H4ppy naans in a bit but have no keema to put in it - bugger.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 13, 2014, 08:28 PM »
Ah Garp, there was me thinking we were about to have our first keema h4ppy naan  >:(.  Come on, who is brave enough to try it?  Michael, your tandoor would be ideally suited for this.  Not sure if the normal cooking method for simple naans would cook the meat sufficiently  :-\

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 13, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Garp have you ever eaten out
Never had a Bombay aloo and now a keema naan  :o  :)
CH  I just assumed the keema was cooked then put in the naan  :-\

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 13, 2014, 09:44 PM »
I don't get out much, Michael. The nurses won't let me  :'(

©2024 Curry Recipes