Author Topic: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe  (Read 253789 times)

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe
« Reply #330 on: March 18, 2014, 08:09 PM »
That looks a mighty fine naan bread there Mickdabass,and a huge one too!! How did you rate them? As good as a BIR naan?? You've certainly got some good heat in there(I can see the naans are really bubbling up).I've struggled to get that,as soon as my new charcoal arrives I've got to give them a go.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 20, 2014, 12:12 PM »
Thanks JB - yes its a bit of a monster!

With the reduction in sugar and the addition of the yoghurt, I would say that they are some of the best naans Ive ever had ever - anywhere!

The keema naans I made were to die for. They were a snack in themselves. One of them blew up into a giant bubble and all the mince ended up all rolled up inside at the bottom of the naan. I have had them like that before from a restaurant. My stomachs rumbling just thinking about them

For me anyway; the naan book can now be closed. 

Regards

Mick

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2014, 12:52 PM »
Just out of curiosity, Mick, what did you reduce the sugar to, and how much yogurt did you add?

I've reduced the sugar to about 65-70g, but haven't tried any yogurt in the mix yet.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 20, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Thanks JB - yes its a bit of a monster!

With the reduction in sugar and the addition of the yoghurt, I would say that they are some of the best naans Ive ever had ever - anywhere!

The keema naans I made were to die for. They were a snack in themselves. One of them blew up into a giant bubble and all the mince ended up all rolled up inside at the bottom of the naan. I have had them like that before from a restaurant. My stomachs rumbling just thinking about them

For me anyway; the naan book can now be closed. 

Regards

Mick

Well I've just had two big sacks of restaurant charcoal delivered by a courier(wife thinks I'm bonkers by the way!!).Next job Chris' naan bread recipe,let us know how much sugar you put in Mick.Also,what keema mix did you use?? There's a few recipes on here and elswhere,some have madras/kebab paste...just wondering what you made.

JB

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 20, 2014, 08:26 PM »
JB
I reduced the sugar to 2 tsp and added 1 dsp of yoghurt. Salt 1 tsp

The naans were as good as any ive tasted. The keema mix was my own recipe that i will post soon. Pataks Free too !

Regards

Mick

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2014, 11:23 AM »

Offline Invisible Mike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2014, 02:46 AM »
one from sunday...
That looks awesome! If you don't mind me asking Mick. what sort of 'dough' ;D would I be looking to fork out for a tandoor like that?

Offline bluebalti

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 04, 2014, 01:22 PM »
Have done this recipe twice now, and as a relative novice I/we have been delighted with the quality of the end product, so thanks for the video and for all the comments thereafter!

One thing though, freezing? Would it be best to freeze the dough after it has been kneaded/punched with the oil prior to the overnight in the fridge, or do the overnight thing, then freeze, orrrrr make up the dough balls then freeze?

What's the general consensus on this please?

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 04, 2014, 05:51 PM »
Best to make the naans complete, then freeze. They defrost on a warm plate in ten mins and if you need them warm just grill for thirty  secs

Offline bluebalti

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 04, 2014, 06:12 PM »
Best to make the naans complete, then freeze. They defrost on a warm plate in ten mins and if you need them warm just grill for thirty  secs

Thank you!

©2024 Curry Recipes