Author Topic: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe  (Read 253648 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe
« Reply #450 on: January 03, 2015, 02:28 PM »
Good looking Naan for first attempt. ;)
Wouldn't think of not using salt in any flat bread recipe, but hey ho. :D

cheers Chewytikka

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 03, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Those look lovely, Robin. Great stuff  :)

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 03, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Thanks for the comments, didn't notice the original had no salt in. I must of picked up on that somewhere because the recipe I copied down has 1 tsp which i halved along with the other ingredients. I got 6 out of the halved amounts.

Offline Korma Chameleon

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 19, 2015, 07:36 PM »
My recent experience of cooking thawed frozen balls...  best results achieved when warmed higher than room temperature before cooking. When defrosted then left 5+ hours at room temp, they came out a bit like a leavened chapati (tasting like a naan). When given a bit of a temp boost, they came out close to those freshly cooked. Basically the balls must feel to have bloated and softened before you start to cook. In my case, I sat them above the fire for a bit. Must be wrapped in cling film to prevent drying.

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 20, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Fire and clingfilm spells disaster, hope it wasn't too hot  :P

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 31, 2015, 05:01 PM »
Finally got around to making these today, I manage to mess up 5 and then got 4 that were worth keeping, I struggled to get them to stick until I used the underneath of my ali Non Stick Tawa and used a lot more water.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 31, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Mine turned out like london's as well and not all bubbly as some of the others have. The taste and texture seems good if not quite perfect - I used 60g sugar and that was just a tad sweet for me -  but I don't know what I've done wrong to not get the fantastic results I've seen elsewhere. Any ideas?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 31, 2015, 05:25 PM »
Ahh naans....mmmmmm......great stuff, London. The four you made look great.

Mine turned out like london's as well and not all bubbly as some of the others have. The taste and texture seems good if not quite perfect - I used 60g sugar and that was just a tad sweet for me -  but I don't know what I've done wrong to not get the fantastic results I've seen elsewhere. Any ideas?

I dropped the sugar to 60g from the original 100g and it's about right for me. I just follow the recipe and it works out. If anything, sometimes mine are too 'fluffy', but I prefer that to cardboard :)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 31, 2015, 06:47 PM »

How much did you knead the dough? Too much kneading develops gluten and then the naan's don't seeem to rise right. Trick seems to be to mix just enough for the dough to come together then quit mixing.

Offline london

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 31, 2015, 07:25 PM »
I've just eaten mine and they were pants, I think I need to use more liquid and not kneed so much.

London.

©2024 Curry Recipes