Author Topic: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe  (Read 255376 times)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: H4ppy-chris new naan recipe
« Reply #490 on: April 25, 2015, 06:48 PM »
Cooked a pile of these today, but my measurements were out as I only got nine from the recipe. Dough balls too big I guess.

Tips from Onions and secret Santa came in useful. I added the baking powder to the dry rather than the wet ingredients at the start and my dough defiantly seemed to have more life to it than previous attempts.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 25, 2015, 07:06 PM »
You reckon you got the biggets balls in the joint, pal?!  ;)  :D

They look class. Going down well wit the chinoise tonight though?!  ::)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 25, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Well I bet you say that to all the boys...

Naans were a cook-ahead classic. Destined for the freezer, to be pulled out with one of the 35 curries I cooked at Easter, plus a portion of pilau cooked last weekend. I've respect for those who are organised enough to have everything on hand to cook fresh each day. For me batch cook and freeze is the way to go so I've got curry on hand when I get home from work.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 25, 2015, 07:19 PM »
Yeah me too, JB and his fifteen-course meal and I bet he still sat down to eat as fresh as he stood up  :o

So far I haven't any of them with a curry- I made a load of seek kebabs at the same time, just grilled ones, but wth a bit of salad, sauce, etc, it's saving me the ten min. walk up the road each time!

Offline Stu-pot

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 25, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Well I bet you say that to all the boys...

I've respect for those who are organised enough to have everything on hand to cook fresh each day. For me batch cook and freeze is the way to go

Oh boy,  I'm in that club mate....  They look good enough go me,

Yum

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 25, 2015, 08:18 PM »
Cooked a pile of these today, but my measurements were out as I only got nine from the recipe. Dough balls too big I guess.

Tips from Onions and secret Santa came in useful. I added the baking powder to the dry rather than the wet ingredients at the start and my dough defiantly seemed to have more life to it than previous attempts.

Those look pretty splendiferous to me, Sverige! :)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 04, 2015, 12:42 PM »
more 100% bir naans following h4c's method to the letter but with 25g sugar, 310 ml water and1 dollop of yoghurt. For me the naan quest is over!!
Regards
Mick

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 04, 2015, 07:47 PM »
You guys with your bloody tandoors.......makes me sick....jealous.

Lovely stuff, Mick. Every time I make the H4C naans, I keep forgetting to add a dollop of yogurt. I've heard a few folks on here say it lifts the taste a bit so I will try to remember next time. :)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 04, 2015, 08:29 PM »
A sudden surge of quality naans  :P  Obviously, everybody is tweaking to their own tastes and almost everybody's search is over.  Next time i make them, i may just add a touch of youghurt to see what it brings to the party  ;D . Mickdabass, may i suggest you finger your naan a little before putting it in the tandoor  :o :o :o  I.e. once you've applied it to the cushion, if you use one, and before you slap it on the tandoor wall.  It'll stop the large bubbles and encourage the little ones  ;D  That is of course, if that's how want them  ;)  Good job all you naan lovers  :)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 04, 2015, 10:29 PM »
...I keep forgetting to add a dollop of yogurt. I've heard a few folks on here say it lifts the taste a bit so I will try to remember next time. :)

I've tried a batch with yoghurt only (no milk) because that's all I had in at the time. Absolutely no noticeable difference to my tatstebuds.

©2024 Curry Recipes