Author Topic: What Do You Want From Santa?  (Read 24498 times)

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: What Do You Want From Santa?
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2014, 08:27 AM »
I know I have a Le Creuset stainless steel chefs pan and an oil stone to reinvigorate my global knives coming from no.2 daughter and her squaddie.

My wife takes pic's of any cookbooks I show an interest in when browsing waterstones and sends them to the kids, so I guess some cook books will arrive.

No.1 son who "doesn't really like curry" will probably get me the suit hanger thingy that I asked for on my birthday back in March.

No.1 daughter hasn't asked what I want so she will surprise me.

No.2 son is skint so will only surprise me if he gets me anything.

Santa will hopefully get me a Waring spice grinder.

And I inadvertently found an Xbox one in the gun cupboard under the stairs so I know what the wife has got me. When I don't cook its Call of Duty. Pure stress relief blowing things up and killing bad guys.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2014, 11:29 AM »
I already have my xmas presents sorted - poly tunnel, heated propagator, T8 6500k lights, superhot varieties of seeds, and a selection of superhot chilli powders.

I wouldn't mind a high powered blender to blitz those bases, a spice grinder and Im with Jerry on a job in a BIR kitchen !

Substitute other flora and you could be in a spot of bovver, unless you are venturing into the recent push for medicinal growing.  You really had me going till you wrote "chilli powders". :o

For me it will be a good set of comfortable headphones, so I don't annoy the crapola out of my loving family, by listening to real music from last century.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2014, 10:28 AM »
Santa is bringing me one of these because I've been a good boy all year (apart from dropping the occasional "shit" and sending George's moral outrage meter into red zone):

http://www.banggood.com/Baking-Silica-Gel-Bags-Rub-flour-Squeeze-Juice-Puree-Magic-Bag-p-79534.html

Skip the chinglish product description and skip straight to the sequence of photos which tell the story. It's a silicone bag intended for mess-free mixing and kneading of dough, pastry, etc.  Anyone used one? I'm hoping it will be good for naan bread making. 

Just pop the bag inside a clean bowl on top of digital scales, add your flour accurately down to the gram, then milk, water, baking powder and Kalonji seeds, then clip the neck of the bag and give it a squish around to mix and knead.  Leave it in a warm place to rise, then turn it out and invert the bag which will go in the dishwasher et voila, naan dough no mess no fuss! The bowl which sat on top of your digital scales can go straight back into cupboard because it stayed clean. No mixing bowl was made dirty, no utensils, no stand mixer to clean out.... Just the silicone bag which cleans up easy.

Well anyway that's the theory. I will let you know how it works out.

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2014, 04:18 PM »
Let us know if it works, I may want one too.

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22 PM »
A lemon-free Madras recipe ;D

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Santa is bringing me one of these because I've been a good boy all year (apart from dropping the occasional "shit" and sending George's moral outrage meter into red zone):

:o ;D ;D ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes