Author Topic: my first post - welsh curry head  (Read 1494 times)

Offline terrydraper

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
my first post - welsh curry head
« on: December 29, 2013, 05:34 PM »
Hey guys, well this is my first post, taken me a while after seeing some of the curry posts, thought I hd better get some practice in before getting involved,  I must admit I love curry, esp madras !!!  Truly the best, just ordered a bad boy burner for hopefully some better results, been using one of those portable butane gas burners campers use, only hv electric in house, are there any thoughts on rice bran oil guys? Ive used it a cpl times, high smoke point and supposed to be one of the better oils,     happy currying guys !  :D

Offline Waterdiddy

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: my first post - welsh curry head
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:21 PM »
Hi Mate - welcome topp the site, you'll find plenty of good advice and methods, recipes and tips here.

I recently got one of those bad-boy burners myself, lol - quite the NASA experience!  8) Just DO NOT lean over the pan - ever!

As to oils, I just use plain old sunflower, mate. The oil I use to start the curry off is always spiced/flavoured oil from the bhaji, samosa and so on sessions in the deep frying pan, so I use ALL the oil I buy, there's no waste!

Please wait for more experienced members advice though - they are the biz...

Bests,

Pete

Offline ottis

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: my first post - welsh curry head
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 10:49 PM »
Hi can you tell if there is a link to the bad boy burners so that i could have look at them, or even a bit more info on it...I'm a newbee also..thanks guys..ottis..and the beat goes on

©2024 Curry Recipes