Author Topic: HotBot's take on of Marc j's chicken pathia.  (Read 6449 times)

Offline hotbot

• Chef
    • View Profile
HotBot's take on of Marc j's chicken pathia.
« on: October 17, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Hi just finished cooking Marc J,s chicken pathia as cooked  by his local Bir.
Very  authentic.Nice rich sauce,(must be the tom purree).
I used Darthphalls curybase.
Well done for the research marc,
One great curry. ;)
HotBot

Offline Jeera

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: HotBot's take on of Marc j's chicken pathia.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 08:33 PM »
That looks great. Well done !!

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Looks dam good, did you do the rice too ?

Offline hotbot

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:01 PM »
 :D Hi darth
Yes i cooked the rice using Petes Pilau rice recipe.
It Tastes Superb and i believe is just as good if frozen. ;D
Thanks for your comments.
HotBot

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 11:33 PM »
Yep I agree with Darth it looks very tasty and the rice looks spot on Not to much food colouring please keep the photo's coming it's great to see other members dishes well done  Curry On Hotbot :D

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 03:09 AM »
Very tasty looking dish.....omit the food colouring - it adds naught !...healthy food is far more important than the aesthetic presentation . People are very quick to support the anti -smoking campaign but not the other carcinogenic precursors....please  , please do your homework and prosper and live large .

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 11:20 AM »
I go wth that CC, I would add 'and long' after 'large' ;D  Cancer is a frightful thing to deal with, and we are talking serious risks with colourings,  Take CC's advice everyone and cut them out!

CP

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 02:47 PM »
.....omit the food colouring - it adds naught !...

I couldn't disagree more, you must have heard the phrase "you eat with your eyes". I don't use any of the dodgy food colourings myelf, but tandoori chicken just isn't tandoori chicken if it's not red. And you try passing off a CTM that's anything other than flourescent red in a restaurant in the UK and see what reaction you'd get, it wouldn't be pleasant.

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 03:18 PM »
YF everyone has their own choice as long as it is an informed choice, and I would be the first to defend that right 8)  I do think that information and education on these matters is important though.  There are newbies here starting out on their adventure and I would not wish to be a party to telling them they should use colourings or any other hazardous stuff without informing them of the risks.  If you have read the article I linked on hints and tips you would see the amount of concern there is within the business community and the health authorities about the number of restaurants/takeaways that are flouting the guidelines on additives.  They are closing some down because of it!  This also applies to spice providers; look what happened to TRS (Sudan Red issue).

If someone wants to eat or make brilliant red CTM (in my opinion crap) and they are well aware that they seriously risk getting bowl or other forms of gut cancer then so be it. 

I am not having a go, but perhaps because I am close to the Health & Hygiene issues and have a sort of relationship with Health issues I do get concerned and I don't mind if people think I am being anal.  At least I have done my bit.  There are others in the health and Hygiene sectors who contribute to this Forum, and I am sure they can put their case forward better than I.  If we are going to have a fully rounded Forum for information sharing then these issue should be discussed and debated as you quite rightly are doing, and I hope other will join in rather than lurk.

As for your comments on Tandoori Chicken and CTM; we produce both in our business and they are rated very very highly, probably the best on the Island and neither have any banned or controlled colourings.  We don't knowingly use any ersatz additives or colourings just the natural ones.  However the Readydy made powdered spicesand pastes are still at risk, e.g. Sudan Red, so you may well be using banned substances without knowing it.  Please follow this link

http://www.laboratorytalk.com/news/rea/rea128.html

which is one of many relating to this subject matter.

Trust in your trip and smell the coffee
CP

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 04:01 PM »
I have to agree with Yellow Fingers on this, I get sick and tired of the PC brigade telling everyone what we can and can't do as if people need protecting from their own stupidity.  Every week there's yet another food scare or food we can't eat becuase there is a link to cancer.  I don't really see the problem as long as you don't shovel down toxic coloured curry every nigth of the week and eat a balanced diet etc.. 

It's a little bit of food colouring on some rice I don't think it's going to do anyone any harm  ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes