Author Topic: BENGALI CHICKEN CURRY:  (Read 10139 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: BENGALI CHICKEN CURRY:
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 10:40 PM »
As you say Stu, it would benefit from a bit more tomato paste / passata to give it a little more colour but obviously you wouldn't want to interfere with the flavour.  Personally, far too much cumin in the dish for me.  That's one spice i detect a mile off and dislike, unless it is blended well or masked by accompanying spices.  I'd feel obliged to tweak accordingly  ::)

Offline urbanrajah

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 07:21 AM »
So this recipe did need tweaking see the fist pic for ingredients and reduce the water added to just cover.

Chicken Breast - 1, cut in medium pieces
Onion - 1, finely sliced...

A very tasty curry, very spicy and not for the faint hearted.
Next time I would add tomato paste and tomato pasata to give a deeper red colour as I am not sold on the colour.  Worth a go if you fancy a change.  Stew

Thanks for this authentic recipe.This was indeed easy to make and quite delicious.If you want a more creamy and smooth sauce, blend the onions and tomatoes before adding the chicken and potatoes.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:51 AM by George »

Offline urbanrajah

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 10:47 AM »
 This is such an easy recipe I will definitely try that recipe tomorrow, can't wait! Thanks. :D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 08:49 PM »
Your right bengal Bob i think it's over spiced.. too much going on. ...i had to amend some of the ingredients..let me know if this will be ok...I've kept the chicken and potatoes the same but changed everything else

Did you make it to spec first, before deciding to reduce the spices to a fraction of the original level?

I made the recipe as written originally last night and it certainly didn't seem over-spiced. If anything, I would have added more spices, rather than less. Perhaps you've got used to bland dishes served up by too many BIRs these days.

Offline nashir

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 10:17 AM »
If I take 1000gm chicken then how much onion I take?

©2024 Curry Recipes