Author Topic: My trip to the Wholesalers.  (Read 6609 times)

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: My trip to the Wholesalers.
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 02:39 AM »
Do these places also sell aluminium curry pans and cast iron karahi's etc too?

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 09:24 AM »
I'd be very surprised if they don't CK but I haven't been yet, so can't confirm. I'm thinking I might leave my visit for a few weeks to await the next time I need to make base gravy, so everything I buy is as fresh as possible when I cook with it.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 10:41 AM »
Thanks Bob, looks like they're almost next door to Quality Foods's Hayes branch: http://quality-foods.co.uk/shops/ so I could check out both with one visit. Think I'll do just that as I've run out of a few things and I can almost guarantee these places will beat Asda's prices on spices, oil, rice, etc. plus I need some mr Naga.

Yes, definitely cheaper than any supermarket. We regularly buy 25kg sacks of Basmati Rice for around

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 10:42 AM »
Do these places also sell aluminium curry pans and cast iron karahi's etc too?

Hi CK, possibly, but to be honest, I've never looked here for them.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 10:58 AM »
Thanks Bob, looks like they're almost next door to Quality Foods's Hayes branch: http://quality-foods.co.uk/shops/ so I could check out both with one visit. Think I'll do just that as I've run out of a few things and I can almost guarantee these places will beat Asda's prices on spices, oil, rice, etc. plus I need some mr Naga.

Yes, definitely cheaper than any supermarket. We regularly buy 25kg sacks of Basmati Rice for around

Offline Curryking32000

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 02:08 PM »
To be honest I love these places.  I wander around them like a kid in a sweetshop and could happily spend all day wandering around them.  They are wonderful places for curry fans.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 12:26 PM »
I finally made it along to Siras in Southall today. Simply mesmerising range of spices, it took me a full hour to browse the shop! The fresh produce left me a little underwhelmed with the quality (or lack thereof) as their green and red peppers were not firm and almost starting to wrinkle and the fresh coriander bunches had black rotting dead leaves mixed in with them.

Next I went 2 mins down the road to Quality foods and to be honest preferred the place. It's an even larger shop, nice light and airy atmosphere and the sample of fresh goods I browsed were better quality than in Siras. Both places had an ample number of mainly asian shoppers though, so they must be doing something right.

I somehow failed to find Mr Naga in either shop, but did pick up some alternatives. Thanks for the info Bob, these are definately the right places to be shopping for curry supplies.

©2024 Curry Recipes