Author Topic: I miss my curries!!!!  (Read 6533 times)

Offline WelshieinNZ

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
I miss my curries!!!!
« on: October 19, 2006, 06:35 AM »
Hello, what a fantastic website and very helpful tips and great sounding recipes. I am a Welsh girl now living in NZ and I REALLY miss my weekly curry :'(  However I now have no excuse in recreating my own at home. Lots of my friends over here are ex pats (honestly, you move to the otherside of the world.... ;D) so I definately will use them as my guinea pigs!!

Offline CurryLover_NZ

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: I miss my curries!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 07:23 AM »
Hi WelshieinNZ,

I can fully sympathise !!!

NZ curries just aren't the same - the best one I've had in NZ to date is the one I made myself from this site - honestly - Darth's Madras (nothing like the NZ Madras which is more like a Korma  :-\  ), served up with Pete's Pilau rice.

Curry King's Chicken Tikka Massala also comes very highly recommended (my family love it but my waistline doesn't  :o ) as does LayneBritton's recipe for Sheek Kebabs.

The more you make the easier it gets, and you will get loads of encouragement from your new friends on this site !

Which part of NZ are you in  - I'm on the Kapiti Coast ?

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Welcome W..Z .  I belive Guinea Pigs in a mild curry sauce are very tasty.  I guess someone here will have the recipe  ;D

CP

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Welcome aboard,

Please let us all know how your curry making goes!

cK

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 10:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum  :)

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 12:15 PM »
Hi Welshie
Welcome to the best Curry site on the Web !
 :) Layne

Offline WelshieinNZ

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Thank you!!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 05:03 AM »
Thank you for the welcomes! Its nice to be around like minded people! Special thank you to Curry Lover NZ - there's not many of us here!! I'm in Taupo but have been everywhere in NZ trying curries just on the off chance we find a hidden gem- no luck so far. Thats why I have resorted to cooking my own and thats how I stumbled across this website. Looking forward to trying CTM(everyones favourite safe dish) and also the Madras.

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 11:48 AM »
Hi Welshie
What a nice area Taupo I drove past the lake last year when I visited NZ (Lions Tour) we stayed 4 nights in Wellington drove to Rotarua 1 night then 4 nights Auckland I wasn't very impressed with that dessert area it was like the land that time forgot  :-\

Anyway I know how you are feeling I started having withdrawl symptoms I couldn't get a decent Curry anywhere but never mind hopefully if you follow the recipes on this site you'll be cooking your own CTM just like you were used to having at home back here in Wales :D

If you have any questions feel free to ask away no doubt as you have already noticed we are a friendly group of Curry lovers so have fun and enjoy the cr0 experience.
 ;) Layne
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:52 AM by laynebritton »

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 08:20 PM »
;D ;D ;D
 Hi WelshieinNZ, Welcome to a great website, you'll find a pellagra of information with the knowledge from these guy's n girls. Best regards spicysarsy.

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 03:54 AM »
Welcome aboard the curry train - experts here will keep you on track .  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes