Author Topic: under attack  (Read 3622 times)

Offline icehawk

• Chef
    • View Profile
under attack
« on: January 09, 2014, 11:05 AM »
Posted my first post and was attacked by the,  curry jedi (moderated),  who thinks he owns this sight. I was called a recipe thief and a con artist so a nice welcome I was given . All I tried to do was tell everyone where they can get recipes from an Indian curry house web sight. I am not impressed.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:34 PM by George »

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: under attack
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 07:39 PM »
where is the website so I can have a look?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 07:54 PM »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Quite right icehawk - that was despicable.

Should really have been left to the moderators/admin, rather than the vigilante/hang 'em high brigade ;)

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Shameful that a lurker who finally gets the courage to post, and offers some recipes, is shot down by the usual suspects.
No wonder why new members feel intimidated to offer anything new if this is the way they are treated.

Guilty until you prove your innocence!

You could expect this type of behavior from school kids, but (moderated) most of the posters here are grown men who should know better.

:o
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:49 PM by George »

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 08:48 PM »
Posted my first post and was attacked by the,  curry jedi (moderated),  who thinks he owns this sight. I was called a recipe thief and a con artist so a nice welcome I was given . All I tried to do was tell everyone where they can get recipes from an Indian curry house web sight. I am not impressed.

icehawk

Welcome to this forum. You are quite right in that there are recipes to be found. I think it was a bit unfair of anyone here to jump on you and accuse you of being anything to do with the restaurant. The best way to get something out of this site, is to take the rough with the smooth. Stick at it, and I'm sure we'll all get along fine. If you leave as quickly as you joined, it will tend to lend support to anyone who is a bit sceptical. One request though - please leave out the swear words and other bad language.

Have you visited any Indian restaurants in the UK?

Offline icehawk

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:04 PM »
Thank you guys for your kind words there are obviously some decent and intelligent people on this curry lovers sight. I take it you have to take the good with the bad. I was nearly going to pull the plug but I might persevere as long as the childish can be brought into line. thanks
I went back to England after immigrating to new zealand when I was 12 in the late 80s. I found this tinny little curry house in wandsworth that blew my mind. I have never had Curry's as good as theirs any where else in the world.  Still trying to find one as good in Australia.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:15 PM by icehawk »

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:14 PM »
I was nearly going to pull the plug but I might persevere as long as the childish can be brought into line. thanks
Can't guarantee that Icehawk  ::). But you will find there are quite a few of us on here who are actually interested in cooking BIR food and get into the kitchen regularly to cook and post about it.  Unfortunately, give some people an excuse and they will use it to talk about anything else but cooking British Indian Restaurant food  >:( >:(
Welcome anyway.  There is everything you need on here and some very good cooks too.  It's definitely worth persevering mate as long as you can  ::)

Offline diverdil

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 01:12 PM »
I have been a lurker on this site for a very long time. there is a massive amount of information here and you must look on the positive side and stay out of the gossip and mudslinging. there is a lot of personality's on here that struggle to get on, I just ignore them now.

I tried posting in the past and got a very negative reception to my questions so have learnt to work it out for myself now and stay lurking in the background

welcome and good luck

dyl

©2024 Curry Recipes