Author Topic: Mick Crawford Mix  (Read 3607 times)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Mick Crawford Mix
« on: January 09, 2014, 03:17 PM »
New resolution = stray from the safe and tried and experiment with a few different things.  8)

Although it has been on the side for a Good while I have never delved into Mick Crawford's E book.

The gravy seems fairly standard and simple but he has two suggested mix powders that on first glance seem very similar but are actually very different but with no explanation.

Have any of you guys tried both and what is your opinion

Thank you. Regards and Happy New Year.

RD

Perhaps I should add that I am not comfortable with the % of turmeric in mix 2 in addition to the fact that he does not mention which one he uses in each of his recipes.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:29 PM by RubyDoo »

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Mick Crawford Mix
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 09:21 PM »
Happy New Year to you too RD.  The other week i make CBM's little india base.  I have yet to make up or use either of his mix powders.  I will check out my e-books and give them a go.  At least it will be something different and i can post on a BIR topic  ::)

Offline diverdil

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Mick Crawford Mix
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 01:06 PM »
I have recently settled on the base mix from mick that is published in his eBook number 2. I find this an excellent base and ticks all the boxes I was looking for. I have tried many and this is the one I will use from now on. regarding the spice mix I have used a high turmeric mix for some time and it works well and gives a nice colour

I recently cooked for a curry night in a bar in France for 20 people using this mix base combination and I had great reception. no complaints and some people saying better than an Indian restaurant. with this reception who would change??

dyl

©2024 Curry Recipes