Author Topic: Peshwari Nann Filling  (Read 6460 times)

Offline andymac

• Chef
    • View Profile
Peshwari Nann Filling
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Hi

Can anybody give me some recipes for Peshwari Nann Fillings.

Thanks

Andy

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Peshwari Nann Filling
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 05:42 PM »
Can anybody give me some recipes for Peshwari Nann Fillings.

Try the search facility. I recommend the filling recipe by Abdul Mhd (you may need to check his precise member name).

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 06:13 PM »
andymac there's differnet opinions on what a Peshwari Naan filling should consist of and so here are a couple of variations:

1 and a half tsp of coconut powder
just under a tsp of ground almond
2 sultanas cut into small slices
Half tsp of Sugar
2 to 3 tsp condensed milk

mix together (I'm guessing that this would be for 1 naan)

another recipe which is similar:

2 tbsp dessicated coconut
1 tbsp sugar
200g flaked almonds
3 tbsp single cream
20 sultanas
1 tbsp

blitz in a food processor to form a paste, add more cream if it is too dry

hope this gets you started

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:14 PM »
Beat me to it guys.  I was about to suggest Abdul's filling.  I am very much looking forward to trying it with h4ppychris's naans.  Taste wise I can't fault them.  I've just got to master the art now of getting the filling in the naan and keeping it there while i roll it out  :-\ I'm sure with practice it'll come.  The garlic and corainder ones i did the other weekend when the three of us went on a naan mission were as good in taste as any i've eaten  :)  So for me, that's naans cracked.  Would be good to have a tandoor to do them in though  :'(

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,4672.10.html

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 08:35 PM »
So for me, that's naans cracked. 

I feel the same way about Abdul's filling. I donl;t feel the need to try any other recipe. I feel could open a take-away with his recipe and it would be equal to, or better than, most outlets. The problem is...there are dozens and dozens of items on a typical BIR menu and I've 'cracked' (as in ticked-off) only about half a dozen.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 09:30 PM »
there are dozens and dozens of items on a typical BIR menu and I've 'cracked' (as in ticked-off) only about half a dozen.
;D ;D ;D  Well that makes two of us George  ::) .  At this rate it'll only take me another 50 years or so and i'll have it all buckled down  :D  Progress may be slow but progress is being made.  Frustrating it can be, but you can't beat those moments when you say to yourself "yes, got it"  :D
Looking forward to trying the peshwari mix with the naan dough with a squirt of liquid honey to finish.  Naan heaven  :P :P

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 10:01 PM »
Well that makes two of us George  ::) .  At this rate it'll only take me another 50 years or so and i'll have it all buckled down  :D  Progress may be slow but progress is being made.  Frustrating it can be, but you can't beat those moments when you say to yourself "yes, got it"  :D

I agree. If a few of us have ticked off half a dozen DIFFERENT items each (to a reasonably high standard) then we could perhaps get together and open some kind of SUPERIOR BIR!

I stress my primary interest in superior BIR food. Last weekend I had yet another sub-standard Indian takeway. The main course was a chicken biriani comprising little more than pilau rice and a few morsels of chicken. There were none of the fine flavours I recall from yesteryear and still found in a few places, today. Their biriani was simply awful.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 11:02 PM »
1 desert spoon of desiccated coconut
1 tsp of ground almond
1 tsp chopped cashew nuts

©2024 Curry Recipes