Author Topic: another food related adventure!  (Read 1325 times)

Offline kstron

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
another food related adventure!
« on: February 21, 2014, 09:21 PM »
hi all,

stumbled across this forum earlier today after deciding that i wanted to put on a few curry parties for friends and family! and wow, what a site! after a few hours browsing i've barely scratched the surface! 

anyway, going back to last year, (and hence the subject title) i became obsessed with recreating another of my favourite TA's at home, pizza! and that took me on a journey which basically ended with the building of a brick wood fired oven in the garden! at this point i would normally pop a link in incase anyone wanted a look at my build thread, but i've noticed from reading through some of the threads that links don't seem to be allowed so maybe i'll just pop a piccy up at a later date.

now heres the plan, i'm hoping i'm going to be able to use the wfo as a big tandoor and cook the naans and tandoori dishes over the glowing embers whilst the curry's are on the go inside on the stovetop.

is this sounding ok so far?

my initial thoughts are i probably won't get as good a results as in a tandoor but shouldn't be too far off the mark as it's a similar principal and definitely can reach the required temps a tandoor oven operates at.

thanks in advance for any advice and comments

keith

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: another food related adventure!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 10:38 AM »
You'll fit right it round here! Welcome and post some pics.

©2024 Curry Recipes