Author Topic: Lala's, Batley  (Read 2633 times)

Offline DeadBeat

• Chef
    • View Profile
Lala's, Batley
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:26 PM »
Went here the other week before seeing The Lurkers...was about 6.30, so not too busy, but there were a few couples in.
Waiters were obnoxious and crude. Wife asked if they did a veg tikka masala Asian style, madras hot and was pleased when the guy said yes. The dish was atrocious, just a few potatoes with grated garlic and tomatos? Never seen anything like it!
Complained and the guy stuck his fingers in it, licked it, and said nothing was wrong, then put it back.
I resisted the urge to knock him out and just refused to pay...what a... (moderated filth, as atrocious as the dish itself)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:08 AM by George »

Offline chillihothot

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lala's, Batley
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 01:50 AM »
Good. What rudeness.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Lala's, Batley
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 06:21 AM »
In reality i worked all around that area - Lala's did not exist at that time - I would confirm that there are many there with some huge egos and massive chips on their shoulders with absolutely no respect for the White British of that area. There was always a racist card being played - it was ridiculous back then and it seems as if it has worsened.
They really thought it was a threat in the kitchens if someone not Asian could cook a bit......
Days gone by!

best, Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes