Author Topic: Well hello there :-)  (Read 4289 times)

Offline Ed

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Well hello there :-)
« on: October 24, 2006, 12:04 PM »
What a great site, looks like there are lots of lovely recipes to try here.

I'm Ed, I'm from Glastonbury in Somerset and love cooking anything with garlic and chillies in it - anything else is just boring! Fortuantely my girlfriend shares my tastes, otherwise that could get tricky.

I'm vegan, but don't hold that against me  ;)  Thank the Gods that chillies and garlic are not sentient beings!

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you better, for now I'm off to sniff around the forums for some new recipes.

Oh, and if anyone knows any good recipes for these Naga chillies a colleague has just given me I'd be grateful. They're evil looking things!

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Well hello there :-)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Welcome aboard Ed.  You will, I am sure, enjoy your trip here.  I love Indian vegetarian food, I could easily become a Vegetarian  and live on it if it was not so fattening. I am sure you will find all you want here.

CP

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Hi Ed,

Please  let us know how you get on with the recipes and how they compare to your favorite restaurant. 

cK

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 08:39 PM »
Hi ED  ;) welcome aboard.  ;D ;D

Offline laynebritton

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 08:54 PM »
Hi Ed Welcome :)
Layne

Offline CurryCanuck

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 05:37 AM »
Hello Ed .
Welcome to " team  curry " , where every player is on the winning side of creating the BIR taste ! Needless to say , this is the premier division !  ;D

CC
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:39 AM by CurryCanuck »

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Hi Ed.
Many of the bases are fully Vegetarian here on the forum, i often use Potatoes, Eggs & Wholemeal Pasta as an alternative to meat in my own recipes.
Enjoy the Harvest. 8)

.....DARTHPHALL.....

Offline Ed

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 11:42 AM »
Thanks for the nice welcomes guys.

Nice to see we all worship the spices - the lumps in the sauce are just personal preference!   ;D

I tried cooking with one half of the Naga chilli last night and it seems I was being over cautious - the result was very mild. I'll try 2 next time and see if that has more kick to it.

I must admit that I never knew about the "curry base" idea. I'm going to have a bash at making up some of DarthPhalls recipe this weekend. Fingers crossed for a good result!

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 05:34 PM »
Guess what, I have just been to my wholesaler and I got a jar of Dorset Naga Chilli Paste  :o, Bet that makes ya jealous Darth  :-*
CP

Offline woodpecker21

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 07:25 PM »
hi ed
welcome to the sacred land of cr0 ;D.i'm sure you will enjoy your stay.if you are looking for a good simple start to making a curry sauce(as i posted the recipe from my local so i can wholeheartedly recommend it ::)) try the rajver revisited curry sauce.....it only takes 1 hour from start to finish and is delicious. i make one every week but unfortunately finished it lastnight when i made a chicken and mushroom chilli masala but as you are vegan i would try using these naga chillies (are they the dorset naga? see the post on the worlds hottest chilli :o) try a mushoroom chilli masala or mushroom and garlic chilli masala it turns out just like in a restaurant imo.  i used the recipe from bruce edwards curry house cookery (available in the downloads section)

anyway again welcome to you and your wife YUO will enjoy your stay

CP> you lucky git......eat your heat out scotch  bonnet,  bye bye thai red, bon apetite jalapeno. :)now remember to gently place in the coldest part in the freezer 12 andrex toilet rolls.... ;)

many regards

gary

©2024 Curry Recipes