Author Topic: SHATKORA RECIPE  (Read 13638 times)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: SHATKORA RECIPE
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 08:19 PM »

Yellow card for Gav for crimes against grammar/spelling

And just being a bit of a knob.....

Its nob down my neck of the woods, and something I quite happily take as a complement amongst a few other sayings that I regularly get called. And as for the spelling its my dis-lixic keyboard plus I've never been the same since I went to a toga party dressed as a goat....

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 09:22 PM »
Its nob down my neck of the woods

I'm quite sure it is, Gav, but that doesn't make it any better.....almost a second yellow for persistent 'knobbing'

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 09:47 PM »
Its nob down my neck of the woods

I'm quite sure it is, Gav, but that doesn't make it any better.....almost a second yellow for persistent 'knobbing'

FFS that would be 'nobbing' as in nob-nut, (splash out on this),  and I think you're more persistent than me.  ??? ;D

Or should that be 'I'

Offline Gav Iscon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 09:52 PM »
Plus we are off topic and I did think C*

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 11:08 PM »
Adey has already cleared up the quantities. It's 1 tsp of grated shatkora zest, and that is interesting to me, as this is where the flavour is concentrated (massively).  The knowledge I have gained (from a chef) is that frozen peel/underlying pith should be hard-fried, to get the flavour out of it (for a BIR type dish).  Frozen shatkora is rarely as good as fresh.  When cooking a BIR dish using fresh peel/pith it can be added later, as it is inherently more pungent.  I have made quite a few shatkora dishes, BIR and trad.  The difficulty (for me) is that the stuff is so bloomin' zingy, it's hard to find the right taste/balance in the finished dish.  Bitterness can be a "problem". Indeed, when chef Moike made a trad shatkora at my house, after I insisted on him doing so, it was still pretty tart.  He knocked this up in about 2 hr. 1 kg mutton on the bone with 4 thin slices of very fresh shatkora.  A mellow tasting shatkora bhuna really needs slow cooking (e.g overnight), apparently.  Adey's recipe got me thinking that grated zest may be more conducive to BIR pan-type cooking, and I've not seen mention of this anywhere previously.  I have also not seen a recipe on here that remotely resembles Adeys.  Agree an original pic of the dish would be better, but it's no big deal.  A lot of my curries look pretty similar, and so do most other peoples' efforts.  I might start using stock photos myself  ;D

Rob  :)

©2024 Curry Recipes