Author Topic: THE ULTIMATE MADRAS - RESULT CRACKED IT!!!  (Read 56522 times)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: THE ULTIMATE MADRAS - RESULT CRACKED IT!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 08:35 PM »
Cheers for comments Ed, really glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Hi Haldi yes I added the precooked chicken with the remaining base for last 5 minutes. Just recently though I have started adding the chicken (uncooked) at the start of the recipe, as Ed said CA style, and have found the chicken is a lot more tasty and moist.

Offline Invisible Mike

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 03:52 AM »
Hi

I may try this soon. Just wondered if anyone else has tried it and what their thoughts were?

MM

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 09:43 AM »
I made this last night using Jbs base , the first time I have done so.
Fantastic, Mrs MA's favourite madras, lovely balanced flavours,  perfect heat levels , beautiful.
The acid test for me would be to do a side by side comparison with the zeera madras , both different in their own right, both lovely curries, on my 2 do list  :)

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 01:37 PM »
Yum! :P

Offline Norman

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 11:05 PM »
Glad you have got the results your happy with. I think this stopped being a madras when you added star anise and Worcester sauce and sugar

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 12:31 PM »
Glad you have got the results your happy with. I think this stopped being a madras when you added star anise and Worcester sauce and sugar

Not to mention the lemon juice and Kashmiri chilli powder. If it's an "ultimate" curry that's fine just don't call it a Madras.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59 PM »
Thus spake the Curry God, and all were mortally afeared.  "Who amongst us has taken the sacred name 'Madras' in vain ?", each asked of his neighbour, but none dared answer "I".  Then, crawling out from beneath a rock, a little child emerged into the light of the day, blinking.  "Hath anyone theen mine chicken Madras", he asked, innocence beaming from his tiny eyes.  "It was the bestest I ever tasted", he went on, "and my mummy says that was because she lost the recipe and had to impro... impro... IMPROVISE".  "What did she use", asked the Pharisee ?  "Well, all the usual fings, of course, but she added some lemon juice, and some Worcestershire sauce, and some ...".  "STOP" came a voice so loud and so fearsome that most fainted and some died.  "WHO DARES TAKE THE NAME OF THE MADRAS IN VAIN".  "My mummy", said the little boy, who was very deaf and therefore did not realise that the Curry God was angry.  "And it was the bestest bestest bestest chicken Madras ever ".  And the Curry God, seeing the innocence in the little child's eyed, was moved to compassion, and he asked the little child, in a quiet voice so as not to frighten him "May I try some of your mummy's chicken Madras ?".  And the little boy went to fetch some, and the Curry God tried it, and the assembled company sat silently in awe, awaiting the damnation that would surely follow when the Curry God tasted the Forbidden Ingredients.  But there was silence -- a very long silence -- and then the Curry God said in a Very Quiet Voice "May I have some more, please ?" and then, in a voice that could be heard across the whole of the land of Canaan "THAT WAS THE BEST CHICKEN MADRAS I EVER TASTED.  HENCEFORTH, NO-ONE SHALL SPEAK OF A CHICKEN MADRAS UNLESS HE IS WILLING TO SWEAR BEFORE ME THAT IT CONTAINS LEMON JUICE AND WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE, STAR ANISE AND SUGAR, AND ALL OF THOSE OTHER INGREDIENTS THAT THIS LITTLE CHILD'S MUMMY HAD THE SENSE TO TRY".  And they went away marvelling at all they had seen and heard, and from that day on, throughout the land of Canaan, no-one ever again made a chicken Madras without using lemon juice, or Worcestershire sauce, or star anise, or sugar, or some other ingredient that, whilst not carved on the sacred Tablets of Stone, nonetheless contributed to the success and flavour of the final dish.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 01:19 PM »
Very entertaining Mr McAvity  :D

Offline noble ox

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 04:13 PM »
MA
Now we have the ultimate madras will there be another even more ultimate madras yet to be cracked? ;D ;D ;D

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 04:29 PM »

Not to mention the lemon juice and Kashmiri chilli powder. If it's an "ultimate" curry that's fine just don't call it a Madras.

Stop trolling SS and get your 'madras' recipe up, come on, we've been asking for it for years! ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes