Author Topic: Easy Naans  (Read 6593 times)

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Naans
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 01:00 PM »
Cheers George and guys!

I must say i was well shocked on how good they turned out!!

Hope I can repeat it next time but definitely worth doing and any thought of buying them from supermarkets is now well and truly resigned to the bin!

Ed

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Which recipe is everyone using for the filling of the keema naan?

When I did my naan experiments, I used Dip's as I had the ingredients easily to hand. I don't think it matters which one you use, just pick your favourite sheekh recipe and give them a go.

Ok thanks Gav. It's so long since I made a seekh kebab I'll probably just pick a recipe at random and see how it goes. Would you recommend Dip's to start with?

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 10:02 PM »
Which recipe is everyone using for the filling of the keema naan?

When I did my naan experiments, I used Dip's as I had the ingredients easily to hand. I don't think it matters which one you use, just pick your favourite sheekh recipe and give them a go.

Ok thanks Gav. It's so long since I made a seekh kebab I'll probably just pick a recipe at random and see how it goes. Would you recommend Dip's to start with?

Certainly, it came 2nd in the group test and I had all the ingredients in the cupboard.
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,4775.0.html When i did my naan trials, the best way was to just make a big thumb pocket in the dough ball and fill it with mix. Gather the sides back up over the top of the filling, pinching to seal, turn it over so the sealed pocket is on the bottom and then carefully roll it out. I got about 6 naans worth from 250gms of mix so each keema naan will probably work out about 50/60p each so for me its worth having a go and not a lot lost if a few go wrong. Post a photo.

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 07:48 AM »
Now we know Chris's naan recipe was a success
why not give his keebab mix ago
I thought it was good
I haven't made a keema naan yet but that's the way i would go
A complete happy keema naan
you know it makes sense  ;D

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 12:50 PM »
Hi All

Made a hybrid of CBM's and Dips kebabs using the foil technique and must say they were spot on!! Lovely and moist (better than faffing with my flat bladed skewers and less dry) Sand a hint of heat. (I used 2 tbs of madras paste and 1 tbsp of Abduls mix powder). I'll probably add some fresh chili next time as the guys in the pub recommended it.

Anyway I failed with the Keema naans as I rolled them out with a rolling pin and the meat spilled out and stuck to the tava which meant they got a little singed, so I guess I would recommend CA's technique of forming the shape with your hands. Anyway taste wise the pub crowd scoffed the lot!!

Pics

Top side
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/imagehost/pics/5aeac373cf804826dd8765b67f763b06.jpg

Bottom side
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/imagehost/pics/9336700fd50e74f68bc03c97f714e0a5.jpg

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 03:09 PM »
I took one with me and the guys in the pub thougt i was kidding and that I had bought them.

There's got to be a joke in there, surely.

A guy walks into a pub, with a Naan........feel free to add your own punchline :)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 05:06 PM »
I took one with me and the guys in the pub thougt i was kidding and that I had bought them.

There's got to be a joke in there, surely.

A guy walks into a pub, with a Naan........feel free to add your own punchline :)

Was it kofi "a naan"? The Secretary General!  ;D ;D

W

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 07:43 PM »
a guy walks into the pub with an ignition key and a naan.
barman tells him he's barred saying...
"oi you get out ma pub...i know your type..you're gonna try and start something and I'll have naan of that in my boozer !!!"...
sorry guys.. :)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Ouch!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes