Author Topic: What's your fav madras recipe?  (Read 2619 times)

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
What's your fav madras recipe?
« on: March 15, 2014, 11:01 PM »
Hi,
After joining here a little over a month ago I made the Zaal base (with some missing ingedients but with good results) and then this week made again with full ingredients (I would use a little less cinnamon in the base next time).
The second lot is a bit spicier as I used hot madras curry powder (my curries tend to be HOT!) I have experimented with CA's spice mix last month and am currently using Abduls 8 spice mix (as that is in my base) with good/ tasty results with both using a variation of 976bars madras recipe from Andy Rhodes e-book.

Just wondered what your all time fave Madras recipe is though as this week I want to try a couple of different ones and compare the flavours, cheers  :)

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: What's your fav madras recipe?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 11:10 PM »
Oh I got me some new supplies today from Abduls. Cheap as chips but gotta check the dates  :-\

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 07:30 AM »
 My favourite Madras Loup is mine!!! the ultimate madras, have a look at it you wont be dissapointed, I have spent weeks experimenting with it and do believe it produces an excellent Madras

Offline LouP

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 07:48 AM »
I shall give that one a whirl this week. Cheers Andy  ;D

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 07:48 AM »
I'll vouch for Madrasasndy's!! Made it as part of a birthday party for 30 in the pub , most people said the heat was just right,  and the flavour was great!!

Well done Andy

Ed

©2024 Curry Recipes