Author Topic: kushi balti house training review  (Read 8916 times)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
kushi balti house training review
« on: March 19, 2014, 02:13 PM »
As some of you may know, Bengali Bob and I went on a training course that turned out to be a fiasco. The lengthy post that follows is just a review of the training as offered by Muhammed Ali Haydor at Kushi Birmingham, a well reputed BIR/Balti chef and a little bit of story.

Sometime in October 2013, I called Ali (aka Mohammed Ali Haydor, of the
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:18 PM by goncalo »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: kushi balti house training review
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:30 PM »
And your point is, caller?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 02:48 PM »
And your point is, caller?

Probably hit the re-dial button by mistake.  After all, "intelligent" and "'phone-in caller" is a fairly rare collocation, if indeed the concept exists at all.

** Phil.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Unlike some other sites, this site has not been reduced to the level of replicating others content to maintain interest or  create membership.  Besides, this is old news for any that have their finger on the pulse.  I question why all of a sudden we lowly ones should be so worthy  ::)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 09:08 PM »
I think you are going off-topic there. If you would like to know why this has been posted elsewhere and only posted here now, feel free to send me a private message and I will be happy to clarify accordingly. This has been posted here for widespread of information on a scam curry training that myself and Bob have been victims of.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 09:36 PM »
Which happened early November - nice of you to let us know, so we didn't get scammed in the following five months :)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:46 PM »
Better late than never.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 09:49 PM »
Maybe to avoid my "off topic" comments some explanation should have been given in the first instance.  One can but wonder why all of a sudden after such a length of time you have decided to share information which is most definitely second hand, given its age  :-\
Whilst I try to remain on topic most of the time, I do struggle with "out of the blue" posts from people who passed over quite some time ago and ceased to participate here.  This isn't helped by reading comments and remarks elsewhere.  Isn't it surprising how quickly people forget where they started and those individuals who helped one along the way.  Human nature I suppose.  All part of climbing the BIR chef credibility ladder I suppose  ::)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 11:02 PM »
I suppose it's my prerogative when and where I publish information, regardless of my intents which I am entitled to omit and/or include if I so feel like. Now that that is out of the way, I am glad you are observant and understand I went on hiatus on this community, while I have remained active elsewhere. One doesn't need to go to a different topic to find out reasons for why I have not felt like participating here.

I can give you specifics without bothering myself to find the topics in which this occurred: I created a post where I was keeping my progress, in the form of a log. I'd normally post there my progress on trying to crack a jalfrezi and bombay aloo, instead of bombing new topics in the pictures section, given the rate at which I was cooking curries at the time and which would potentially drag out some of the other members pictures from the frontpage - I really didn't wanted to be in that position, I was more interested in my journey than on featuring the frontpage and it was important for me to keep a log while leveraging from feedback and/or opinions from other members of this community. You have been very forthcoming in noticing and because you are the leader of this community, you felt entitled to post a comment stating that "cr0 was turning to be a blogging platform" in your own wording in some follow-up comment in a different thread, which, again I am not bothered to try and find;  Garp has been on a number of occasions very forth coming in trolling every comment I make on here as well. I take it as a personal compliment in that he finds I am worth his time and effort, even though his comments suggest otherwise. Fair play.  ::)

So, yeah, that may shed some light into my decisions to be absent. And with regards to where I started or who helped me, that is besides the point, too.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 07:34 AM »
Ive just sat and read this post and i'm wondering why why why????

Why didn't you post it earlier and call it by its name training scam at the Kushi.......

best, Rich

©2024 Curry Recipes