Author Topic: kushi balti house training review  (Read 8915 times)

Offline chef888

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: kushi balti house training review
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:18 AM »
i just sat and read the post with my morning coffee as my newspaper as yet not arrived but i,m in the same thinking as loveitspicey if it happened in November been better to warn us all of it within in say a week may be 2 WEEKS at the latest , this is like bolting the stable door after the horse as gone and you have got a post card from him telling you how sunny Florida can be lol

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 12:57 PM »
As it is apparently old news, or "second hand news", both loveitspicy and ivan888, members of the other forum, certainly may have also noticed that I kept postponing the publishing of the review because I spent 3 months preparing for interviews, or as I sometimes called it 'tough exams', but this is not second hand news, right?  ::)

Posting the review was delayed until the 31st of January of the following year. There are things that have taken more precedence than writing a review of a training course. We both had already explained, back in November, that the training at Kushi was a fiasco in comments before the review was published, but I felt the need to provide a lengthy story, just so it doesn't come across as slander without facts to back it up and also for the inside perspective. After I posted my write up elsewhere, I was under the impression that Bob would write his own review of the training, using his own wording and view points, so I didn't bothered to post mine here. As it didn't happen, I pinged him recently if he would be OK with posting this here too and he agreed.

So, in short: It is a scam, whether it is late news for you or not. I also don't think I need to title this as "scam", as the review speaks for itself.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 01:17 PM »
I have nothing against you, other than you talk pish a lot. I actually thought you were Irish, not Portugese, so maybe that explains some things.

As I remember, you posted a pic of a dish on the front page which, after consulting with Mrs G, I decided to say something like it looked disgusting. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that. Mrs G actually said that it looked like a little row of dogs jobbies  :)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:40 PM by Garp »

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 02:05 PM »
Unless by PM you mean "public message", you must have me confused, or perhaps you need to visit a specsavers as I haven't sent you any message privately - in fact, had I not authored this topic, I wouldn't even bother to read your message as you are in the ignore list for quite a few months now. But please, make it public. Get that out of your system.  ::)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 05:40 PM »
As some of you may know, Bengali Bob and I went on a training course that turned out to be a fiasco. The lengthy post that follows is just a review of the training as offered by Muhammed Ali Haydor at Kushi Birmingham, a well reputed BIR/Balti chef and a little bit of story.

Many thanks for your very interesting and helpful review. It may have been a while ago but it's no less interesting. For him to have made

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 06:09 PM »
For those of us who don't frequent the other inferior curry forums I found it quite informative if a little late. It still serves to warn anyone else who might consider such a venture in the future.

I think the bigger con is the Kushi balti book which while producing some decent curries does not match the standard that can be had in the restaurant apparently.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 06:18 PM »
Many thanks for your very interesting and helpful review. It may have been a while ago but it's no less interesting. For him to have made

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 09:17 AM »
Thanks for the info Goncalo.

Sounds to me like the kushi has seen better days. It has put me off ever wanting to buy any food off them with that kind of attitude.

I too am not particularly bothered by the delay in you publishing your report.
Its all interesting reading anyway

Regards

Mick

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 11:21 AM »
we had a full day of training with a top notch BIR chef, which I believe the videos have already been posted by Bob. I would have loved to make a write up of that day in greater detail and expose further information about the balti triangle and some pictures of adil/shabab, but I don't think there is much point or personal benefit to be gained.

I can't speak for anyone else goncalo but I would love to see a write up of that day. I dare say there's something for us all in there somewhere but we'll never know if you don't publish.

Offline Adeypayne

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 06:36 PM »
Goncalo. If there is to be a Next time,come to Boston mate! Where we will do it properly, step by step, no language barriers, no confusion. The Invitation is open :)

©2024 Curry Recipes