Author Topic: Authentic pork vindaloo  (Read 6988 times)

Offline Adeypayne

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
Authentic pork vindaloo
« on: March 28, 2014, 06:40 PM »
As we speak I am cooking an authentic pork vindaloo. This originated in Portugal and was superseeded by the people of Goa. Pics and recipe to follow :)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Authentic pork vindaloo
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Sorry, but I can't resist - I can tolerate a misspelling, but a wrong context in the same sentence is just intallerabel ;)

As I now believe it, Portugal was once inhabited by pork vindaloo, but the people of Goa invaded Portugal and mercilessly slaughtered the defenceless pork dish and gained control of it's fledgling parliament, forever condemning the poor pork vindaloo to a life of slavery and occasional appearances on takeaway menus.

That has made my day - as opposed to a real vindaloo, which makes my hole weak :)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Nice one Adey!  Looks great.  Big fan of pork vinders/dishes.  Here's one I made a while back from a fairly old book recipe.  Pretty fine.  Looking forward to your recipe.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,12439.msg100821.html#msg100821

Rob  :)

Offline Garabi Army

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Looks promising Adey  :)  I've made Madhur Jaffrey's pork vindaloo from the 'Curry Nation' TV series; it turned out pretty good.

Bengali Bob, yours look the dogs nads, very nice indeed  :D

Cheers,
Ken

Offline toddk63

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:17 AM »
Here is my version I have been tweaking for a few years.  IIRC it originated from a Julie Sahni recipe.  Last year I applied some tips from Tayyabs in Whitechappel (my favorite BIR).  I am making it as we speak...well...marinating in the fridge overnight.

Todd K.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 07:44 AM »
Looks like a great recipe Todd, bet it tastes amazing :) could you post it in a new thread in the "Traditional Indian" section of the forum please -----> http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/board,8.0.html

... That way more people are likely to find it in the future as it'll be properly filed in the relevant section of the forum where people go looking for recipes. Thanks a lot & please share with us a pic of the finished curry ;)

Offline toddk63

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 03:45 PM »
could you post it in a new thread in the "Traditional Indian" section of the forum please

On it.

Offline lauraallen

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 07:56 AM »
pork curry is a very delicious recipe.  The meat is cooked in a freshly made paste which lends it its rich color. Pork mixed with roasted spices and sauteed with onion, garlic, cloves, and coriander leaves, this is a dish bursting with bold flavors. Served with steamed rice, this pork curry recipe is a delicious option to make for a dinner party. we can also add some Umami seasoning to it just to enhance the flavor of the pork curry.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:44 PM by Onions »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 12:44 PM »
Copied and pasted from NDTV, Laura.  Not really an original contribution, and nothing whatsoever to do with vindaloo.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 01:48 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 03:54 PM »
They were spamming too, Phil, so feel free to block them for copyright violations also. I doubt we'll be losing a contributor.

©2024 Curry Recipes