Author Topic: Curry!! Obviously!! lol  (Read 1773 times)

Offline rossy

• Chef
    • View Profile
Curry!! Obviously!! lol
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:43 AM »
Hello all,

I am still in the early syages of making my own curry.  I have been using the recipe for mikes chicken curry as i think i need a lot more confidence.

I did make Darths base a while ago now and it's sitting the freezer waiting to be utilised.
I appreciate you may all be recoiling in horror at this thought but i just don't feel confident enough to experiment.

Any advice would be grateful, as my husband loves curry and i am sure he is running out of patience! (just kiddin') but it would be nice, no disrespect to Mikes chicken curry as this is a great recipe for us, i use it regulary, but i would love to prepare a meal complete with starters and really show that i can cook a great curry!!

Thanks in anticipation

Rossy

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Curry!! Obviously!! lol
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Wow that's a huge request Rossy.  How long have you (we?) got?  I suggest you trawl through the site using key words in the search (as I was told to), and if you can't find the answer then fire away.  Just take a firm stance, as you may be bowled over in the rush ;D
CP

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Hi Rossy,

Why don't you just have a go at making some curry sauce, a kind of experimental afternoon.  Defrost some base and just knock up a few different sauces, madras, korma, vindaloo etc..  Don't bother with any meat just see if you can get the sauce right that way it won't be costing you too much and any mistakes can go in the bin.  If you make a few "keepers" then you can tip them over a plate of chips, lovely  8)

You will soon get the hang of it and adding starters and side dishes is just about thinking ahead.  A BIR kitchen is fully prepared with everything precooked and ready to "chuck" together so do that yourself!   Experimenting is half the fun for me, trying out yet another new suggestion in case it improves your curry that little bit more!

Happy Currying
cK

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Good advice from the guys, i would go with CurryKings idea make some Curry Sauce without any Meat in.
There are some cracking recipes.
A good easy one is this Tikka   http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=874.0 Its easy to get right & tastes ace.
Above all get in the Kitchen & do it.
It really is the only way.
Many of us have cocked up a shed load of Curries until we got it right (I most certainly have) & we are still learning & enjoying the adventure, so Rossy hoist Anchor & set Sail for the Curry Horizon aaaaaaarrrr. ;D
Or just give in to me & make Curries from the Darkside  :D

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Just watch him Rossy, he will have you converted to the Dark Side (and natural gas) in the wink  ;) of an eye  ;D ;D ;D

CP

©2024 Curry Recipes