Author Topic: New Eastern Tandoori Chesterfield  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
New Eastern Tandoori Chesterfield
« on: April 06, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Dont know why i bother with take aways, had 1 last night, worst ever!!!

Here's the pics. a thick greasy puri, a burnt tiny stodgy onion bhaji, a limp lifeless sweaty naan, oh and they forgot my main course a madras which when it came it was just uncooked chilli powder in a sauce. The prawns were on the turn in the korma. Complained, promised a 20 quid refund which never came. It wasn't the Old Western Tandoori by the way!!!

It used to be a great TA, just goes to show you what can happen when chefs move on!!

I can honestly say that I can cook all the dishes I ordered 100 per cent better than that thanks to the power of the Forum!!!!!

Ed

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New Eastern Tandoori Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 07:54 PM »
Wow that's shocking! I've also had some awful food from local takeaways at times and I'm confident the food I cook at home beats the majority of the local fare by a margin. One local takeaway served up a curry made from a clearly defective base - it leaked water into the rice so the base wasn't cooked right before blending.

Sad to say standards have really slipped as the source of immigrant chefs has dried up. I think there are more reasons to learn to cook BIR at home than ever and thankfully more info available than ever before too.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:07 PM »
Can't agree more natterjack - this is yet another example of sub standard fare. I bet the regulars on this forum can cook better curries than most of their local takeaways in town. I know I can.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 10:13 AM »
My goodness!  That looks proper bilge that does. Shocking.

Rob  ::)

©2024 Curry Recipes