Author Topic: Undercover Curry Demo/Promo Videos  (Read 11159 times)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Undercover Curry Demo/Promo Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 03:23 AM »
He's a bit full of himself isn't he? Has he been taking style tips on self-promotion from Julian C2G?

Bit rich going on about how he's been plagiarised when his first video is blocked due to copyright issues (music theft??). Ironic!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 07:07 AM »
(moderated - derogatory term).  Three times he showed that poor pangolin (or whatever) screaming as it was stabbed.  On the third occasion I killed the video in disgust.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:03 PM by George »

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 09:53 AM »
Nice!  Looking forward to the next instalment.

Rob  :)

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03 AM »
Not much to say really :-(
not my kind of thing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 03:48 PM by Graeme »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 03:17 PM »
Presumably this is from his video series "How to make a tit of yourself without trying"?  ::)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39 PM »
(moderated - derogatory term).  Three times he showed that poor pangolin (or whatever) screaming as it was stabbed.  On the third occasion I killed the video in disgust.

I tried to post an explanation - apology almost - a minute or two after editing Phil's post. The system wouldn't let me post. I'm now trying again, about three hours later.

It looked to me like Phil's first two words were aimed at the author, rather than the individual stabbing the animal. I agree the author should probably not have included that footage in the video but he was the messenger, not the perpetrator. We get used to over-sanitised mainstream media coming from places like the Far East.  Amateur videos have a high appeal for me because they are more natural but the risk is that a team of legal and PR people are not around, to advise on that sort of footage.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 09:46 PM »
Presumably this is from his video series "How to make a tit of yourself without trying"?  ::)

Is that fair? Personallly, I don't think so. Amateurs who are prepared to appear live on videos are unlikely to be as slick as a hand picked and trained individual like Rick Stein, who also has a director and editor to call on. I found DL less irritating in his first video - the Borneo one - than in his book. I liked the Borneo video 70% for the geography and 30% for the cooking. I think it's a great idea for a series and I look forward to subsequent episodes.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 09:57 PM »
It looked to me like Phil's first two words were aimed at the author, rather than the individual stabbing the animal.

They clearly were aimed at Dave Lloyden, who must take overall responsibility for the content of video.

I agree the author should probably not have included that footage in the video but he was the messenger, not the perpetrator. We get used to over-sanitised mainstream media coming from places like the Far East.  Amateur videos have a high appeal for me because they are more natural but the risk is that a team of legal and PR people are not around, to advise on that sort of footage.

Had the shot (and the scream) been shewn once, I might have been willing to accept your explanation/justification.  But it was not :  it was shewn three times (at least), at which point it ceased to be factual reporting and becomes exploitation -- the suffering of the pangolin was used to embellish the video in a totally unnecessary way.  I repeat my assertion that, in my opinion, Dave Lloyden is a sick b*****d for allowing that poor animal's suffering to be exploited in this way.

** Phil.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Phil - You are entitled to your opinions but you really should not have repeated/re-stated the two words which I moderated out of your previous post. It's not good when even mild moderation is ignored and not respected. If Admin reads this, I'll leave it to him to decide whether to take it further.

The difference between full words and the use of a few asterisks is negligible.

©2024 Curry Recipes