Author Topic: Another base gravy sample  (Read 9169 times)

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Another base gravy sample
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 02:47 PM »
It was me who asked H4ppy chris if his book would be out soon, his help was "not yet mate" so I asked if it would be out in the next week, month, 3 months etc and he never replied, I do not know who Chargrill is, I can only suppose he is writing with/for him. I do not think we will see this book any time soon, if at all. He first said ebook coming soon in January 2013!!!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 09:53 PM »
Good work Jason. Which restaurant we talking about?  How did your curry turn out with the base?  And more importantly, what do you think the chances are of getting in the kitchen and getting a lesson?  ;D

Offline Geezah

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 10:11 PM »
From the other site..

Re: H4ppy-Chris' upcoming ebook - "Unlocking the Taste"

Postby h4ppy-chris ? Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:31 pm
UPDATE!
As you know Steve a.k.a (chargrill) is writing the E-book for me. I could not let him do this without him (trying the goods) so to speak. So today we have spent the afternoon together cooking in my kitchen, on my hob. To me if Steve is going to write the book, he has to be-leave/trust in wot he is going to write about.
All i will say it was a good day and Steve is defo going to be writing the book.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 10:29 PM »
Good work Jason. Which restaurant we talking about?  How did your curry turn out with the base?  And more importantly, what do you think the chances are of getting in the kitchen and getting a lesson?  ;D

Hi Dave,haven't cooked with the new base yet but I'll let you know how it goes when I do.It's from the Korai restaurant in Hornchurch,not far from a bar where I occasionally do a bit of DJ'ing which is how I ended up in there.I should have just asked the Manager really about a lesson,even if it was just the chef cooking his gravy.Honestly,I'd pay a lot of money to see him do that it impressed me so much.I'll have to go back,he was such a nice bloke,him and his chef thought my curry skills were fascinating.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 10:47 PM »
I'll let you work on that one jb.  If you can get us in the kitchen just to watch the base, that would be great.  Sounds as though the chef was impressed with your efforts and curiosity and could be sympathetic to our cause - let's hope so anyway.  Last time I was in Hornchurch I dined in the Akash.  Quality was far removed from when i first tried it back in the very early 80's when it was one of the few Indians in the area.  I'll make a note of that one if i'm out that way  :P

Offline mambo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 08:29 PM »
Hey Jason
why not cook your best curry and take it in there on a quiet night and ask if they will give you their opinion, and then move on for tips on how to improve  :D

©2024 Curry Recipes