Author Topic: the lairds inn creetown near newton stewart  (Read 5727 times)

Offline robertseymour

• Chef
    • View Profile
the lairds inn creetown near newton stewart
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:41 PM »
I was up at castle carey camp site on arrival we were informed that the pub had been taken over by a Bangladeshi chef ,we decided to give it a blast we were met at the door by the owner a lovely helpfully chap he was the food was outstanding I would highly recommend this place to any curry fans he even gave me a few tips.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: the lairds inn creetown near newton stewart
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Not that far from me. Do you work there?

Offline robertseymour

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Not that far from me. Do you work there?
                            no just there for a break, great campsite aswell as food, I tried one of the specials it was the tikka chilli chicken with garlic the menu was quite basic as he had just opened at short notice but hopefully he will sourt it ,he would cook anything on request.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Boy, am I glad it is not within driving distance !

Offline robertseymour

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 07:00 PM »
Must have taken a turn for the worse although when I went it was the opening weekend food was lovely then ,the earlier reports were a bit better!

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 08:26 PM »
A few of the bad reports seem to be from people who turned up and didn't realise it had turned into an Indian (Bangladeshi) restaurant, so gave bad reviews.

Bear in mind, also, that the people of Creetown eat their own placenta as a delicacy and think that Newton Stewart is a metropolis. Need I say more.

No offence intended :)

Offline robertseymour

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 07:20 AM »
I tend to agree with you there garp! When we were there people turned up expecting a Sunday dinner not realizing that the resteraunt had changed ownership, to be fair I would be disappointed if I was looking for fish and chips and got greeted with curry! The guy who runs it who cooks has a resteraunt  in Castle Douglas also, he has worked in Bangladeshi kitchens for at least twenty years that I know of, and has won gold awards for his cooking . The lairds inn used to do great food and still does in my opinion, it's just a bit of a culture shock for some folk.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 04:12 PM »
..... and think that Newton Stewart is a metropolis. Need I say more. .......

Not Indian but the food at the Creebridge House Hotel  was nice when I was there last year. I also ate at the Indians at Kildonan Lodge near to Barhill as well which was very mediocre. The kitchen wasn't the best either when I had a look round it. Its closed down now though.

©2024 Curry Recipes