Author Topic: Spice Grinding Machines  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Spice Grinding Machines
« on: October 30, 2006, 11:02 AM »
I have had a reply to my query on this particular system.  This is a UK supplier of burr mill grain grinders. 

One query that keeps cropping up is a for a machine that will operate with wet and dry materials; as far as my enquiries have gone so far (2 years!) I have not found such a machine, except those that use the smash method (rotating blade).  I would use a burr grinder and make the purees in a cheap smoothie maker or blender.  There has already been discussion on the benefits and drawbacks on these methods so read the reply below and visit the site for more information.

The GrainMaster Mill

http://www.grainmills.net/grainmill.html

The mill will grind spices, but they must have less than 15% moisture content or they will clog the milling chamber. I have included below some information about the milling chamber, as well as the technical specifications for the machine. As far as how many sessions of milling can be run, I know that there have been several bakeries that have purchased a mill to make large numbers of bread loaves. Although the warranty is voided for commercial milling, the bakers have used them for years in Australia, and have been completely satisfied.

The heart of the mill is a patented, surgical quality, stainless steel Microburst? milling chamber. The mill is the most advanced way to mill grain today.

This highly advanced milling chamber mills wheat, split peas, soybean, millet, beans, barley, rice, rye and corn,  very fast at low temperatures, avoiding nutritional loss by milling the whole grain with its outer coats and husks.

The Microburst? milling chamber fragments the grain on contact with the stainless steel teeth, to preserve the nutrition still present in grains. The quality of the flour is vastly superior to commercial methods, with the fresh flour full of vitamins and nutrients contained in the outer coats and husks, normally discarded in commercial milling.

The Microburst? milling chamber has all the advantages of the old slow turning stone mills plus it's so much more convenient to use in your kitchen. There is no gumming, jamming or glazing as the milling chamber is self-cleaning. Because of the low-temperatures that the milling chamber operates at, and the powerful 1250 watt, 240 volt, motor, the mill will not overheat.

The Microburst? milling chamber offers quiet, high speed flour milling atht can offer you a lifetime of trouble free service.

The Microburst? technology used in the milling chamber comes with a Lifetime Warranty!

Motor Size                         1,250 watts

Approximate Decibles                         49           

Warranty                         Limited Lifetime

Hoper Capacity                         1.5 litres

Flour Canister Capacity                        3.5 litres

Flour Dust during Milling                        None

Clean-up                         Excellent

Counter Space Used (dimensions)  07" (17 cm) wide

07" (17 cm) deep

11" (28 cm) high

Weight                         8 lbs (3.6 kg)

Milling Speed                         90 lbs or 40 kg per hour

Courseness Variations                          Fine to Course

Jesse Martin
GrainMaster UK
07787 546836

info@grainmills.net

On 28 Oct 2006, at 13:28, from Spices of Bembridge

Hi Jesse, I saw your web site and we are very interested in this product for our business  Please will you answer the following queries.

Will this machine grind spices?  What is its duty cycle, i.e. how many times can it grind a full load (volume/weight) in one session.  What are the full specifications for the machine?

We produce quite a few curries at home for business and we prefer to mill our spices and grains etc, rather than use the typical electric rotational blade grinders like Moulinex etc.

Offline Bob_McBob

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Spice Grinding Machines
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:36 AM »
Sort of reminds me of these: http://www.bombaylimited.com/Wet-Grinder-269-1.html, though it seems somewhat more advanced.  They are used more for grinding idli batter and stuff like that.  The benefit of the "mixie" type machines is that they can do small quantities of wet grinding when you need to make pastes for curries and such.  I think I will go ahead and order the Relin, so expect a report back soon! :)

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Look forward to your findings Bob

Good Luck
CP

Offline spicysarsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 07:33 PM »

Hey you guy's check out the new EXTREME INDIAN SPICE GRINDER on YAHOO { type in the Indian Headspin.  ;D ;D ;D Enjoy Sarsy

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 12:54 PM »
I think the poor guy lost his head!

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 01:18 PM »
That mill is exactky what I was after, I didnt expect it to be ?250! Hey you could buy a tandoor with that money!

Offline Chilli Prawn

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Yep, but would the tandoor fit on top of your kitchen worktop ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes