Author Topic: I went Indian/Pakistani last weekend  (Read 6178 times)

Offline toddk63

• Chef
    • View Profile
I went Indian/Pakistani last weekend
« on: June 05, 2014, 04:19 AM »
I went Indian/Pakistani last weekend. Badaami Murgh (almond curry chicken) and Dal Tadka (curried lentils). I have been tweaking the dal recipe for several years now and I am finally getting that taste I am after. The chicken recipe I have never changed from the original (unusual for me).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:45 AM by George »

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: I went Indian/Pakistani last weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:50 AM »
I have been tweaking the dal recipe for several years now and I am finally getting that taste I am after.
I'd love to see the  recipe for this
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:45 AM by George »

Offline toddk63

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 02:22 PM »
txt attached. Also posting in "Traditional Indian Recipes"

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 08:29 PM »
thank you!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:42 PM »
There are strange goings-on in this thread.  Haldi's message of 07:50:23 has been edited by George (why, George ?), as has Toddk's message of 04:19:18, and George's message asking about the desirability of including (or otherwise) the optional ingredients, and for clarification of spoon flatness/roundedness/heapedness, has completely disappeared.  Qu

Offline toddk63

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:51 PM »
Prolly sumat to do with cross posting.  I don't normally do that, but haldi asked for the recipes in the "Pictures of your curry". I then also posted it in Traditional Indian Recipes" where it really belongs.

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 09:01 PM »
George abusing his moderator powers (which he seized with no mandate and contrary to his promises). Why am I not surprised?

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 09:09 PM »
There are strange goings-on in this thread.  Haldi's message of 07:50:23 has been edited by George (why, George ?), as has Toddk's message of 04:19:18, and George's message asking about the desirability of including (or otherwise) the optional ingredients, and for clarification of spoon flatness/roundedness/heapedness, has completely disappeared.  Qu

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 09:37 PM »
Here's what happened...

I edited the thread title from what many people regard as the racially offensive and derogatory abbreviation of the word 'Pakistan'. I expanded it out to the full word and, for consistency, the same for Indian. I also needed to edit the thread title in Haldi's message because it was repeated automatically there. What's wrong with that? Once more I'm subject to abuse in carrying out what is sometimes a thankless task.

No abuse, George, just a simple question ("why did you edit Haldi's message").  I for one am grateful to you for removing the offensive "Paki" (if that is what it once read) and substituting "Pakistani", but I think it might have helped had you glossed the reason for the edit as you have done in similar cases.

Of course, there are still other threads that might perhaps benefit from similar moderation.

You are also wrong regarding any deletion of my question about spoon measures. It's in a different thread!

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.  Pass me the nettles and brambles, please -- I fancy a good self-flagellation :)

** Phil.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 08:44 AM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile

©2024 Curry Recipes