Author Topic: Is the cr0 forum dying?  (Read 91981 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Is the cr0 forum dying?
« on: June 19, 2014, 10:22 AM »
To me yes, I've been here 4 years, and the number of posters has gone down big time, We currently have  21922 Members, but we only see about 10 (If your lucky) regularly posting, even Phil (bless him) doesn't post as much as he used to, If we want to keep cr0 going, we need more input, or cr0 will just die a natural death. like so many sites before it.
What is your opinion? What is the answer?

Les

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Is the cr0 forum dying?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 11:53 AM »
I dont think it will die, its a fantastic resource of recipes which a lot of them are also fantastic, lots of people don't post because there is already so many great recipes already here but im sure a lot of people will still visit and read the information

just my opinion

Garry

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:10 PM »
There are always lulls throughout the year. The main culprits being the weather and big events,but you can't discount rival forums.
If that forum didn't exist,you could quite easily double the activity on here.
The other forum started with poached regular posters from here, but if you look at the other place, you'll see that they aren't posting there anymore either.
Instead, the only posts are from a handful of naive and enthusiastic noobs going over the same ground covered on here for many years.

What I'd like to see here is new members posting from around the world via expat communities so that we get a constant stream of new posts over a 24 hour period.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 12:30 PM »
I love this forum - and the folks on it - to be honest I still think its up there as the best - yes i know the other forums and i joined them - but still return here!

Yes there does seem to be less posts - Phills on his jollies by the way to somewhere really nice!!

Garry you hit the nail on the head really - there are so many recipes all ready tried and tested that others dont bother to post. However I'm sure there are many who just check in and don't have the time to put anything on.... i run out of time quite a lot.

Lets hope it doesnt die

best, Rich

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Its the weather, happens every year.

Any suggestions for improving the site greatly appreciated though!

Stew

Offline Micky Tikka

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 04:20 PM »
How about sending everyone Fifty quid

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 05:25 PM »
I too don't think it's dying and agree with comments re the weather and lulls and so on,  but I also think that the body of knowledge has hit a peak and that any future developments will be incremental rather than ground breaking.

There seems to be a lot of first time posters who say hello and then we don't hear from them again so there is only a small core of regular posters.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 06:04 PM »
How about sending everyone Fifty quid

How about everyone sending me fifty quid....if only.

:)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 08:29 PM »
I also think that the body of knowledge has hit a peak and that any future developments will be incremental rather than ground breaking.

Yes, absolutely. There is nothing else to learn and naturally that stymies the chat. But the summer lull is natural and normal.

Of course, one day, someone will chat to an old fella who knows the secret of the pre 1990 curries and that'll spark some debate. But I'm not holding my breath!  ;D

Actually I'm really enjoying (figuratively and physically) the Chinese chat that's going on now. Scott come on man, help us out and post some more Chinese takeaway knowledge.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 09:09 PM »
I'm really enjoying (figuratively and physically) the Chinese chat that's going on now. Scott come on man, help us out and post some more Chinese takeaway knowledge.

Agreed SS, I think Scotty has brought some new life to this forum, and I do love Chinese T/A food ;D

Les

©2024 Curry Recipes