Author Topic: Is the cr0 forum dying?  (Read 92033 times)

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Is the cr0 forum dying?
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2015, 01:55 AM »
you could throw in some cockles and muscles but make sure when you buy them they are alive livo

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2015, 07:42 AM »
Miris malu (Sri Lankan fish curry) will do nicely. I wanted other recipes from here.  Chicken Madras and Mango Chicken for mixed curry meal.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2015, 08:46 AM »
you could throw in some cockles and muscles but make sure when you buy them they are alive livo

I see what you did there.  ;D

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2015, 10:45 PM »
Mackerel was delicious.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 17, 2015, 10:47 PM »
And what was the final recipe of choice?

I love fresh mackeral  :P

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2015, 05:04 AM »
A hybrid of Miris Malu and Indian fish curry using a proprietary Fish Masala by Melam. Quite spicy but very nice.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2015, 02:49 PM »

HA! Good one.

I wonder if smoked fish would work?

littlechilie

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2015, 11:31 AM »
Is the CR0 dying?
I have never given this post much thought, but after the last two-three weeks of your average everyday dinners being posted :'(
My question along the line of this thread would be, is the CR0 turning into a general food forum?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:11 PM by littlechilie »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2015, 12:16 PM »
My question along the line of this thread would be, is the CR0 turning into a general food forum?

I think not.  I think there are number of explanations for the content of the "Josephine" thread :
  • Few of us eat Indian food everyday; for me, perhaps 2 to 3 times a week at most
  • If people are proud of what they have cooked (whether or not Indian), they like to demonstrate their skills bt posting photographs
  • Many will be keen to portray the forum in a positive light by contributing to food-related threads rather than flame wars
  • The opening post of "Josephine" specifically stated "I have placed this in the talk about anything other than curry thread because dinner does not have to be a curry"
None of these reasons is mutually exclusive (yes, I know that that construct is logically flawed, but you all understand my meaning), and I therefore imagine that it is a combination of all of them that has led to this recent focus on non-curry related activities.  And since it does indeed portray the forum in a far more favourable light than the flame-wars that have dominated it of late, I for one am in favour of the thread, 'though not (of course) to the exclusion of real curry-related topics.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:45 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

littlechilie

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Hi Phil, you have explained my thoughts well in your post above, I think what you say is a fair statement .
I have noticed a few of the regular poster of curry related topics have disappeared of late.
Front page had been empty of new curry related photos.

I will also find myself retreating from the forum if the current line of food continues, but that's because of my personal passion or cooking curry or even Asian, Chinese related food.

Cheers
LC.

©2024 Curry Recipes