Author Topic: Is the cr0 forum dying?  (Read 92012 times)

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is the cr0 forum dying?
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2015, 04:42 PM »
average everyday dinners being posted over the forum

Over one thread.

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2015, 04:47 PM »
Is the CR0 dying?
I have never given this post much thought, but after the last two-three weeks of your average everyday dinners being posted over the forum :'(
My question along the line of this thread would be, is the CR0 turning into a general food forum?

At last, a small number of the primary contributors to the Josephine thread might be starting to think something along the lines of "OMG - what have we done?" If ever a thread needed closing, because it was against the public (i.e forum) interest it was that one.

I disagree with the notion that it's perfectly acceptable because we can't be cooking curry every day. Perhaps we could get similar threads going on subjects like DIY or gardening. I think not. That's my view anyway.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2015, 04:52 PM »
What about Chutney and Pickle making,?  ;D It's different!

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2015, 05:02 PM »

If ever a thread needed closing, because it was against the public (i.e forum) interest it was that one.

What one person and yourself makes 2 complaining? I can think of a lot more threads that were against the forum interest.

Why not have a thread on Big Mac Special sauce?

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2015, 05:07 PM »
If ever a thread needed closing, because it was against the public (i.e forum) interest it was that one.

How about a thread which insults members of the forum but to which they cannot comment?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2015, 05:09 PM »
If ever (the Josephine) thread needed closing, because it was against the public (i.e forum) interest it was that one.  I disagree with the notion that it's perfectly acceptable because we can't be cooking curry every day. Perhaps we could get similar threads going on subjects like DIY or gardening. I think not.

But we could. Or as a later contributor suggested, on Big Mac Special sauce.  That is surely why Stew/Admin, in his infinite wisdom, saw fit to create a thread entitled "Talk about anything other than curry" (with the gloss "Here is the place to talk about everything that is not curry related, news, sports, tv, fishing, wallpaper, car trouble....come on you know you want to...."), is it not ?

Now be honest, George -- would you sooner have a thread that focusses on food (albeit not invariably on Indian food) or a thread calling for someone to resign or be sacked ?  I know which I prefer, and it most certainly isn't the latter.

** Phil.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2015, 05:21 PM »
...Why not have a thread on Big Mac Special sauce?

Baboom Tish! :)

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2015, 05:49 PM »
Is the CR0 dying?
I have never given this post much thought, but after the last two-three weeks of your average everyday dinners being posted over the forum :'(
My question along the line of this thread would be, is the CR0 turning into a general food forum?

I disagree with the notion that it's perfectly acceptable because we can't be cooking curry every day. Perhaps we could get similar threads going on subjects like DIY or gardening. I think not. That's my view anyway.

Do you feel the same about his thread, to which you've often contributed? That would make you a massive hypocrite then? What a surprise.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,5350.msg114267.html#msg114267

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2015, 05:51 PM »
The comments by Gav, Onions, Sverige et al are so predictable.

A trap wouldn't work better, if one needed to round up the usual suspects.

It would be good to hear, instead, from dozens if not hundreds of members who have frequented this forum within, say, the past five years but increasingly stay away because of threads like the 'Jospephine' one, coupled with the trivial chat-room nature of the 'debate'. Two wrongs don't make a right even if threads on subjects like Big Mac Special sauce and Private Messages are not everyone's cup of tea.

Offline Onions

• Elite Curry Master
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2015, 05:55 PM »
George you must be losing your touch. You didn't complain about the 'hatred' in our 'hateful' posts.

:-*

©2024 Curry Recipes